Counseling Services office hours are 7:45am - 4:30pm, Mondays through Fridays (except holidays).
Emergencies or crises are handled as expediently as possible by an available counselor.
If you need assistance on an emergency or crisis basis outside of office hours:
- call 911 (police, fire, ambulance)
- (808) 974-7911 (Campus Security)
- View the UH Hilo Emergency Operations Plan
- go to Hilo Medical Center Emergency Room
If you would like to talk to someone on a crisis or emergency basis, or if you need assistance, please call the 24/7 Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi at 1-800-753-6879. This number will route you to local crisis mobile outreach services. All hotline services on this page are free and confidential.
- Crisis Text Line
- Text "Aloha" to 741-741 to reach a live, trained crisis counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The YWCA Sexual Assault Support Services
- 24 Hour Crisis Line is (808) 935-0677.
- 24 Hour National Sexual Assault Hotline
- 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Online Hotline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The Phone number is 1-800-273-8255. (Please note: if you call this number from a phone with an out-of-state number, you will be routed to a crisis support center local to that area code.)