Counseling Services provides outreach to the UH Hilo community. Outreach activities include:
- Tabling to share mental health information, events, and services
- Relaxation Station
- Mental health screenings
- Workshops and presentations
Workshops and Presentations
Workshops and presentations generally provide information or skills practice on a specific issue related to mental health. These may be offered to the student community by Counseling Services, or requested by campus organizations, student groups, or faculty.
Potential workshops and presentation topics:
- Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Mental Health Basics - How to recognize signs, what to say, and where to get help
- Adjustment for New, Transfer, International and/or Exchange Students
- Peer Counseling
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Sleep Hygiene/ Insomnia Workshop
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
If you are interested in attending a presentation/workshop or in Counseling Services providing a presentation/workshop for your group, please email Counseling Services.
Skip over links blocks
Counseling Services are free and confidential for all UH Hilo students.
We welcome questions, comments and feedback about our webpage: email@example.com.