Student Health and Wellness Programs
Student Health and Wellness Programs (SHWP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo provides systems of holistic care that integrate education and prevention efforts with medical and mental health services, programs, and activities.
Our multidisciplinary team of professionals embraces a holistic and collaborative approach to medical, counseling, and prevention services by offering excellent, accessible, and affordable care with respect and compassion to students and the university community.
UH Hilo’s Student Health and Wellness Program, a beacon to the UH campus and surrounding community, will be an evidence-based model of excellence designed to support UH Hilo students’ pursuit of their academic and life goals.
Respect, which is in evidence when we:
- Hold all information shared in strict confidence.
- Empower students to become full participants in maintaining and enhancing their well-being.
Quality, which is in evidence when we:
- Provide compassionate, empathetic and caring medical, mental health, and preventative services designed to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic campus community.
- Provide personalized and integrated medical, counseling and prevention services based on contemporary standards of care.
Collaboration, which is in evidence when we:
- Work together with students and colleagues across the campus and community to facilitate student success.
- Recognize the strengths and differences of each individual and acknowledge the professional expertise of different disciplines.
Social Justice, which is in evidence when we:
- Affirm the equality of all persons and the value of their cultures, ideas, and beliefs.
- Offer high quality services that are timely, accessible and affordable for all students.