Welcome to UH Hilo's Financial Aid Office!
We Are Here to Serve You!
The Financial Aid Office is here to serve you, both virtually and in-person. You can get answers to basic financial aid questions by asking Mālama, UH Hilo's Chatbot, and by viewing Financial Aid TV videos.
You can connect with us anytime via email at email@example.com. You can also reach us by phone at 808-932-7449 or by visiting the Financial Aid Office in-person anytime during our normal office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Financial Aid How-To
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Forms
- What kind of financial aid is available?
- Estimated Cost of Attendance for 2023-2024
- How does my enrollment affect my financial aid?
- Course Program of Study (CPoS)
- Special and Unusual Circumstances
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Return to Title IV Funds (R2T4) Policy
- Other Important Information
- Terms & Conditions for Financial Aid
- Consumer Information
2024-25 FAFSA Information
Due to the passing of the FAFSA Simplification Act, the FAFSA is changing for the 2024-25 aid year. Here are some changes you can expect:
- The 2024-25 FAFSA is expected to open in December 2023.
- The Student Aid Index (SAI) is replacing the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The FAFSA is introducing the term 'contributor', which refers to anyone who is required to provide information on a student’s FAFSA, including the student, the student’s spouse, a biological or adoptive parent, or the parent’s spouse.
- Consent is required from all contributors to retrieve tax information using a direct data exchange from the IRS.
- Questions on the FAFSA will be a bit different.
How can you prepare for the 2024-25 FAFSA?
- All students and contributors should create an FSA ID. If you already have an FSA ID, then you do not need to create a new one.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as it opens in December and monitor your emails for updates from Federal Student Aid and the Financial Aid Office.
2024-25 UH System Common Scholarship Application
The deadline to complete the UH System Common Scholarship Application is March 1, 2024 at 4pm HST. Students are encouraged to complete this application to maximize scholarship opportunities.
Complete Your 2023-24 FAFSA
It's not too late to complete your 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). File now and complete your requirements promptly to be considered for aid during the 2023-24 academic year.