Welcome to UH Hilo's Financial Aid Office!
We Are Here to Serve You!
The Financial Aid Office is here to serve you, both virtually and in-person.
You can get answers to basic questions about financial aid by asking Mālama, UH Hilo's Chatbot and by viewing Financial Aid TV videos.
You can connect with us anytime via email at email@example.com. During our normal office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm, you can reach us by phone at 808-932-7449 or by visiting the Financial Aid Office in-person.
- Financial Aid How-To
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Forms
- What kind of financial aid is available?
- Estimated Cost of Attendance for 2021-2022
- How does my enrollment affect my financial aid award?
- Course Program of Study (CPoS)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Return to Title IV Funds (R2T4) Policy
- Other Important Information
- Terms & Conditions for Financial Aid
Possible Changes in Income
We understand that many families have been impacted by COVID-19, which could have resulted in a reduction to household income. If your family was affected, there may be something we can do to help.
The 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) uses your family’s 2019 calendar year income to determine your financial aid eligibility. It is assumed that this is an accurate predictor of your family’s financial strength during the academic year. We understand, however, that this may not be the case. Federal Regulations allow us to adjust the FAFSA to reflect more realistic information when a family's income is drastically reduced from one year to the next. If you would like to request a re-evaluation of your income, please submit one of the following forms:
- 2021-2022 Dependent Student Request for Review of Special Circumstance(s) (PDF)
- 2021-2022 Independent Student Request for Review of Special Circumstance(s) (PDF)
Note: Submittal of either form does not guarantee a change in financial aid eligibility. You must also ensure you have submitted your 2021-2022 FAFSA and completed/met all other Financial Aid Requirements before we will review your request.
Complete your 2022-23 FAFSA Now!!!
Beginning October 1, 2021, students can complete their 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2022.