Faculty and Staff
The UH Hilo leadership, faculty and staff community strives to provide an environment conducive to rigorous student academic achievement while experiencing the concept of aloha in their relationships and social interactions.
- Faculty and Staff Services provided by the Office of the Registrar includes forms, calendars, and information on accessing student information systems.
- The UH Hilo Faculty Congress is the governance body that speaks for the faculty on all academic matters of concern to more than one unit.
- General Education for Faculty web site.
- MyUH Online Faculty Tutorials for help with logging in to MyUH Services, checking class lists, and posting final grade.
- UH Hilo Strategic Plan.
- Teaching Resources includes Faculty resources, syllabus models and checklist and more.
Auxiliary Services also provides the Work Order Requests Online for submitting work orders not computer-related. See the Work Order Requests Online FAQ for more information.
Office of Campus Technology (OCT)
The UH Hilo Office of Campus Technology, formerly Office of Technology and Distance Learning (OTDL), consolidates the functions and support of many of the technologies used on campus under one Chief Technology Officer. Included are the following:
- Computer Help Desk (submit a Trouble Report online or call 932-7040)
- Instructional Technology and User Services
- Publishing Services
- Graphics Services offers graphic design, color and black & white digital printing, photocopying, scanning, large-format poster printing, lamination, stationery, signage, and various finishing services—all done right on the UH Hilo Main Campus (3rd floor of the Mookini Library).
- Web Services
- Technology Services and Support
Environmental Health and Safety Office (EHSO)
The Environmental Health & Safety Office’s mission is to ensure a safe campus environment for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors.
Facilities Planning and Construction
The Facilities Planning and Construction web site details construction projects around campus.
Office of Institutional Research (OIR)
The Office of Institutional Research provides research for academic departments, faculty committees, and administrative offices as well as external federal and state agencies, accrediting agencies (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and to various college guidebooks.
The Faculty and staff organizations responsible for labor contracts are:
- University of Hawaiʻi Professional Assembly (UHPA)
- Hawaiʻi Government Employees Association (HGEA)
- United Public Workers (UPW)
For new faculty, view our list of helpful resources on the web including links to other UH system websites, online email account application, instructions to creating homepages on UHUNIX, etc.