Faculty - Request an Outreach Appointment
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Counseling Services offers classroom outreach opportunities for faculty who would like to have a classroom visit from the outreach coordinator to discuss services offered to their students. An outreach session can be expected to be approximately 20 minutes long (15 minutes to present the overview of University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Counseling Services and 5 minutes for questions). Outreach sessions are currently available either in person or online. Please see the presentation description below and fill out the request form to set up a session.
The presentation will cover:
- Prevention and Outreach
- Screenings and Screening Events
- Stress-management and self-care strategies
- Relaxation Stations
- Wellness news
- Inner Balance by Hearthmath
- Anti-stigma and mental health awareness
- Suicide prevention trainings
- Online resources available for all University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo students
- Wellness topic information
- Self-service mental health assessments
- Intervention: UH Hilo Counseling Services
- Free and confidential counseling services provided
- Office location, hours of operation, and contact information.
- How to make an appointment
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- How to access the Counseling Services website
- Crisis resources
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
Faculty: Please specify in the message box below:
1) Number of students in class (one request per class section)
2) Day/time requested
3) Presentation Format: In-person or online
4) Topics to be discussed (outside of what is outlined above).
This form is for UH Hilo faculty to request an outreach appointment for their classes. Outreach presentations will be made by a UH Hilo Counseling Services Prevention and Outreach Student Coordinator.