Office of the Registrar Home

Office of the Registrar

On this page:

Office Hours

The Office of the Registrar's business hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm (HST) excluding state holidays.


The purpose of the Office of the Registrar is to support student success by providing resources, maintaining accurate student records, and helping students through their academic journey. Our kuleana (responsibility) is to serve our university ‘ohana (family) and the public by cultivating a welcoming environment for the highest standard of customer service and aloha.


Be the "hub" of UH Hilo with our foundation of knowledge, by collaborating with our university 'ohana towards our common goal of supporting our students to thrive and complete their academic journey.


The Office of the Registrar provides all registration and records-related information, including:

Other helpful resources

Calculate your grade point average (GPA)*

*Note: Estimated, not official, GPA calculation; to be used as a guide only. Links to outside, non-UH Hilo website.

Academic contacts and resources

Academic advising

Students with a declared a major will be assigned a faculty advisor in their academic major and should contact the faculty directly for advising to discuss course selection and sequencing in the major. Advisors can be found on MyUH Services or STAR for Students.

For clarification about General Education and graduation requirements, all students may contact the Advising Center, however students should still consult with the academic department(s).

General ("undeclared") students are assigned to an advisor in the Advising Center. Some undeclared students are assigned to specific faculty:

Incoming transfer students must resolve all transfer issues, such as outstanding transcripts, with the Admissions Office before the end of the first semester at UH Hilo. Registration questions may be directed to the Office of the Registrar.


Notification of Compliance Survey

Updated 5/24/2024

To all students receiving VA educational benefits: a VA Compliance survey is being conducted at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.  A VA representative will be available on the campus physically.  For any questions on the compliance survey, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Current Schedule of Classes

Microfilm transcripts being added to our computer system

The Office of the Registrar has begun loading student microfilm transcripts into our current student information system. Doing this will allow for better advising and easier access to transcripts. If you would like to have your records uploaded, please contact our office.

If you receive an automated message regarding coursework taken prior to the 1980s, don't be alarmed . . . this is why!

Check your email often!

Your email account is the official means of communication between the University and you. Your account is easily accessed directly from MyUH Services.

Don't want to check another email account? Forward your email to the email account of your choice.

Health clearance

Visit the Student Medical Services (SMS) website for information about health clearances. For more information call the SMS Center at (808) 932-7369.

Did you know that the Office of the Registrar has unclaimed diplomas from as far back as the 1960s?

The Office of the Registrar needs your help in locating the rightful owners of these nostalgic documents.

If you think you might not have received your official diploma and/or certificate, please contact our office at (808) 932-7447, email, or stop by the Student Services Center, Room 101 with a photo ID and we will be happy to assist you.