Students seek counseling for many reasons, and counseling helps in many ways:
- Adjusting to university life
- Learning healthy ways to cope with stress
- Enhancing personal relationships
- Treatment for depression, anxiety, and substance use
- Coping with crisis (including domestic violence and sexual assault)
- Creating a balance in their lives
- Clarifying educational plans and life goals
- Psychiatric referrals
- Making Appointments - Making an appointment is easy - just call or stop by.
- FAQs about Counseling - Answers to many common questions about counseling.
- Confidentiality - Counseling Services are confidential, with a few exceptions.
- What happens during a counseling appointment article by Ulifeline
- Getting the most out of counseling article by Ulifeline
- About Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Stigma Reduction
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Homesickness/ Adjustment
- Time Management
Links to halfofus.com's:
- Help a Friend
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault/ Relationship Violence
- General Self-help/ Resources
- Community Resources
- Self-Help Apps
Screens for 13 common conditions that college students face. Identifies problems and provides information to assist you in deciding how to reach out for help.
Counseling Services are free and confidential for all UH Hilo students. We welcome questions, comments and feedback about our website at email@example.com.