Skip to content

Student Employment

UH Hilo uses an on-line student employment system. You do not have to come to Career Development Services to get a referral for on-campus student-employment positions. To be eligible to get an online referral you must:

  1. Be a currently enrolled UH Hilo student registered for at least six-semester credits (12- credits for students on F1 visas).
  2. Have current & cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (not applicable to students beginning their first-semester as a UH student).
  3. To gain a referral for Federal Workstudy positon, you must have a current Federal Work Study award. A work study award is not required for G-funded student employment positions (designated “UH” in the “Job Program” field in our online system).
  4. Create your profile at the UH Student Employment & Co-operative Education (SECE) website.

To create your student account, you will need to know your UH ITS User Name (the part of your email address that precedes the "@" sign ) and your email password.

This site is usually not available beteen 4am and 5am HST because the database is updated during that time.