The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo utilizes an online student employment system. All job searches are done via the online system. Before you begin your on campus job search, please note the following academic eligibility requirements that must be met before a student will be able to search for and apply to an on-campus job.
- Be a currently enrolled UH Hilo student registered for at least six-semester credits (12 credits for students on F1 visas).
- Be a classified student working towards a degree.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (not applicable to students beginning their first-semester as a UH student).
There are 2 types of on-campus positions that are listed via the SECE System—Federal Work Study positions, which are designated "FWS" in the "Job Program" field and General Funded positions, which are designated “UH” in the “Job Program” field. Please note that Federal Work Study positions are reserved for those students who have a Federal Work Study Award as part of their Financial Aid Award package.
You may begin your job search at the UH Student Employment & Co-operative Education (SECE) website. To log in to the SECE System, you will do so utilizing your UH Username and Password (Hint: the part of your hawaii.edu email address that precedes the "@" sign and your hawaii.edu email password).
Create your student profile and search for on-campus student employment opportunities
This site is usually not available between 4am and 5am HST because the database is updated during that time.
National Student Employment Week: April 10-16, 2022
This year the Student Employment Office and our UH Hilo campus is celebrating National Student Employment Week which is taking place this week April 10- 16! National Student Employment Week is set aside every year as the second week of April and recognizes the value of student employees and student employment professionals! So this week UH Hilo celebrates our student employees and thank them for their outstanding work! We would like to also thank the campus supervisors who hire students for part-time positions, for teaching them valuable occupational skills, and for making the student employment program such a success!
In celebration of National Student Employment Week, we would like to show our student employees how much they are appreciated. Listen in on University Radio Hilo (URH) as they will be broadcasting “Messages of Appreciation” on KUHH 101.1 FM during National Student Employment Week.
Ways to Show Student Employees Appreciation: (Using the 5 Love Languages)
- New opportunities & challenges
- Bring food and snacks (department potluck; appreciation luncheon)
- Nominate them for SEOTY awards!
Acts of Service:
- Provide support
- Offer to write a letter of recommendation (on LinkedIn too!)
- Keep students interests in mind & provide career opportunities
- Provide professional/ skill development directed towards SE interests
- Team building/ bonding
- Appreciation board (All SE participate)
- Create a tradition: End of semester office lunches, Friday coffees, etc.
- One on ones” Ask your SE how school is going (allow them to be seen as someone outside of the workplace)
Words of Affirmation:
- Provide feedback and mentorship
- Recognize SE and what they do
- Offer an evaluation of the workplace
- Say “Thank You” throughout the year
- High Fives/ Knuckles
- Elbow bump
- Ankle or Foot shake