Office of the Registrar

Commonly Used Forms

Effective 5/7/2020: Forms have been updated to facilitate electronic signatures. Please download the form to access the electronic signature field on the form. For instructions on acceptable electronic signatures, please see instructions below.


  1. Download form onto your computer
  2. Open form in Adobe Acrobat Reader
  3. Click the Fill & Sign icon in the toolbar on the right side of the form
  4. Click Fill and sign button
  5. The sign button will now appear in a task pane at the top of the form
  6. Click the sign icon in the toolbar, and select Add Signature
  7. Click the Draw icon and use your mouse to add your signature on the dotted line
  8. Click Apply button
  9. Your signature will now appear on the form and you can drag it to the signature field you need to sign on the form
  10. Click outside of the signature field to set the signature in the field
  11. Complete the rest of the form
  12. Download the form to send the form electronically

Registration Forms

  1. Academic Bankruptcy Declaration (PDF) (July. 2014)
  2. Auditors Form (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  3. Change of Registration (PDF) (June 2020)
  4. Complete Withdrawal (PDF) (July 2019)
  5. Credit by Institutional Exam (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  6. Credit/No Credit Grading Option (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  7. Directed Reading or Research Form, Undergraduate (Directed Studies 199V-499V) (PDF) (Apr 2019)
  8. Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Undergraduate Student (PDF) (June 2017)
  9. Registration Overload Form (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  10. Registration Override (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  11. Teaching Assistance and Tutoring Course (496) (PDF) (Oct. 2017)

Graduate Level Forms

  1. Form 1: Graduate Committee Formation (PDF) (Sep 2018)
  2. Form 2: Thesis/Project/Dissertation Proposal (PDF) (Oct 2018)
  3. Thesis/Project/Dissertation Defense Schedule (PDF) (Oct 2018)
  4. Form 3: Thesis/Project/Dissertation Completion (PDF) (Sep 2018)
  5. Petition to Substitute and/or Waive Courses - Graduate (PDF) (June 2017)
  6. Permission to Register in (Subject) 500 Course (PDF) (Apr. 2016)
  7. Directed Reading or Research Course Form for Graduate Degree Courses (599V, 699V and 799V) (PDF) (Sep 2020)
  8. Student Overload Approval Form Graduate Program (PDF) (Apr. 2016)
  9. Graduate Repeat Course Notification (PDF) (Feb. 2017)
  10. Petition for Leave of Absence (PDF) (May 2019)
  11. Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Unclassified Student (PDF) (Dec. 2019)
  12. Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Undergraduate Student (PDF) (June 2017)
  13. Petition to Continue from a MasterÔÇÖs Program to a Doctoral Program (PDF) (June 2017)
  14. Thesis/Dissertation Form for Graduate Level Degrees (700 and 800) (PDF) (June 2017)
  15. Authorization to Participate in Commencement (PDF) (Mar 2020)
  16. Comprehensive Exam Reporting Form (PDF) (October 2018)

Graduation Forms

  1. Application to Graduate in Absentia (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  2. Catalog Declaration (PDF) , effective Fall 2011 (July 2014)
  3. Change of Major (PDF) (Nov. 2018)
  4. Graduation Application (PDF)(Oct. 2018)
  5. Request for Replacement/Additional Diplomas (PDF) (July 2019)
  6. Request for Modification of Academic Requirement (UG) (PDF) (Sep. 2016)
  7. Request to Mail Diploma (PDF) (Aug. 2017)

Other Forms

  1. Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  2. Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents Multiple Request (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  3. Consent to Disclose Education Records to Third Party (PDF) (2013)
  4. Certification Request (PDF) To certify from Spring 2020 to Fall 2020 (June 2020)
  5. Certification Multiple Term Request (PDF) (Feb. 2016)
  6. Kingdom of Hawai╩╗i Declaration Form
  7. Request to Opt Out of Directory Information (PDF) (2013)
  8. Transcript Request Form (PDF) (May 2020)
  9. Transcript Forwarding Request (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  10. Tuition Appeal for Special Circumstances (PDF) (Nov. 2020)
  11. Change of Name/Preferred Name Request (PDF) (Jan. 2017)
  12. Update Student Personal Data (PDF)1 (Jan. 2017)

Veterans Forms

  1. Veteran Enrollment Certification Request (PDF) (Sep. 2020)
  2. Veteran Exemption to Non-Resident Tuition Rate (PDF) (Oct. 2020)
  3. Yellow Ribbon Program (PDF)(no slots available) (Aug 2019)
  4. Student Veterans Education Checklist (PDF) (Sep. 2020)
  5. UH Hilo VA Information Package (PDF) (Sep. 2020)

All forms are available in alternate formats. Please contact the UH Hilo Office of Disability Services for more information: (808) 932-7623, TTY (808) 932-7002.

  1. Form used to update Social Security Number change, new permanent address & phone number, address after graduation ↩︎