Aʻoaʻo Pili Ola Counseling Services
There are new support groups for women and veterans! For more info or to learn how to sign-up, check out our Support Groups page.
Aloha e komo mai! Hello and welcome!
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Counseling Services is still here for you!
- Face-to-face counseling services continue (with a 6-foot social distancing request) and are available Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
- Online counseling and phone consultation are now available if you feel more comfortable receiving distance counseling services. Each session is secured and performed through a HIPAA compliant web platform that requires additional consent forms. If you are interested in video counseling sessions you can make an appointment by speaking with our receptionist by calling or emailing Counseling Services . However, according to Hawaii license regulation the telebehavioral health/online counseling is not allowed across state lines. You need to be in the state of Hawaii to have the online counseling services.
Counselors are still available for walk-in, crisis and consultation services.
If you would like to make an appointment to come in and speak to a counselor, please walk-in, call or email using the information provided below.
- Counseling Services office location: Student Services Center (SSC), room E-203
- By phone: (808) 932-7465, return phone calls can be expected within 24 hours regarding appointment requests.
- Email: email@example.com
- Online form
“Walk-in Wednesdays" are still ongoing and occur every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. 30 minute sessions, no appointment needed.
Mental wellness check-ins by phone appointment are now available!
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Has coping with changes caused by COVID-19 led you to experience stress, anxiousness, confusion, fatigue, or other feelings? Counseling services is here for you. If you need to talk, we are here to listen. Confidential 30 minute phone meetings. To set up a check-in call (808) 932-7465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online COVID-19 Support Group
What is it? Live Zoom sessions facilitated by graduate intern counselors to provide support and promote growth, adaptation, and resiliency during a time of change and unpredictability. Discussion topics to include, but not limited to:
- Academic resilience, motivation, and time management
- Importance of connection with others & boundaries
- Self-care & how to deal with impacts of stress
COVID-19 Support Group: Wednesdays @ 11am Join Wednesdays Zoom Meeting
Ask questions, connect with others, receive support. For individual counseling please contact UH Hilo Counseling Services (email@example.com; (808) 932-7465) for a phone check-in or in person appointment.
Counseling Services and Online COVID-19 Support Group Info
Learn about UH Hilo's Counseling Services including hours, how to make an appointment, and types of counseling and support available.
If you would like to get updates from UH Hilo Student Health and Wellness Programs regarding services, activities, upcoming events and more, please fill out the form below to opt-in for communications from us.
Feeling Stressed? Check out Inner Balance from HeartMath!
Counseling Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We are closed during holidays. If you would like to make an appointment to come in and speak to a counselor, please call or email using the information provided below.
Phone: (808) 932-7465
Counseling Services develops and delivers counseling, consulting, prevention and outreach services for the UH Hilo community that empower students to achieve personal and academic goals.
We seek to be sensitive to students of diverse needs and cultures, backgrounds, ages, and abilities, and to be LGBTQ+ affirming.
Hawaiʻi Community College students: Please contact Mental Wellness and Personal Development Service at 808-934-2706 to make an appointment.
About our Services
Counseling Services develops and delivers services for the UH Hilo community that empower students to achieve personal and academic goals.
Our services are grounded in:
Aloha Compassion. Empathy. Relationship.
Lōkahi Balanced. Holistic.
Mālama To cultivate growth.
We are committed to being:
Intentional Evidence-based. Effective. Community collaborators.
Individualized Multicultural. Inclusive. Authentic.
Ethical Confidential. Safe. Respectful. Responsible.
In a Crisis
Visit our Emergency Assistance page for guidance.
Free, confidential, 24/7 hotlines:
- Crisis Text Line: text "HELLO" or "ALOHA" to 741-741
- YWCA Sexual Assault Support Services Hotline: 808-935-0677
- Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi: 1-800-753-6879
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Please see our Response to a Disaster or other Traumatic Event page for resources and information about how to cope with disaster related stress.