Aʻoaʻo Pili Ola Counseling Services
On this page:
Aloha e komo mai! Hello and welcome!
If you would like to make an appointment to come in and speak to a counselor, please walk-in, call or email us.
Return phone calls can be expected within 24 hours regarding appointment requests.
“Walk-in Wednesdays" are still ongoing and occur every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. 30 minute sessions, no appointment needed.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Counseling Services is still here for you!
- Face-to-face counseling services continue (with a 6-foot social distancing request) and are available Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
- Online counseling and phone consultation are now available if you feel more comfortable receiving distance counseling services. Each session is secured and performed through a HIPAA compliant web platform that requires additional consent forms. If you are interested in video counseling sessions you can make an appointment by speaking with our receptionist by calling or emailing Counseling Services . However, according to Hawaii license regulation the telebehavioral health/online counseling is not allowed across state lines. You need to be in the state of Hawaii to have the online counseling services.
Counselors are still available for walk-in, crisis and consultation services.
No student should ever struggle alone. TalkCampus app is here to help all of our students through difficult times. This is an excellent place to share the ups and downs with others in this supportive peer-to-peer community. Talk with people who are going through the same things as you. This community is all about support, you don't have to struggle alone. Share the load with us. This is your safe space for mental health.
Mental wellness check-ins by phone appointment are now available!
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Has coping with changes caused by COVID-19 led you to experience stress, anxiousness, confusion, fatigue, or other feelings? Counseling services is here for you. If you need to talk, we are here to listen. Confidential 30 minute phone meetings. To set up a check-in call (808) 932-7465 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to get updates from UH Hilo Student Health and Wellness Programs regarding services, activities, upcoming events and more, please fill out the form below to opt-in for communications from us.
Feeling Stressed? Check out Inner Balance from HeartMath!
Counseling Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We are closed during holidays. If you would like to make an appointment to come in and speak to a counselor, please call or email using the information provided below.
Phone: (808) 932-7465
Counseling Services develops and delivers counseling, consulting, prevention and outreach services for the UH Hilo community that empower students to achieve personal and academic goals.
We seek to be sensitive to students of diverse needs and cultures, backgrounds, ages, and abilities, and to be LGBTQ+ affirming.
Hawaiʻi Community College students: Please contact Mental Wellness and Personal Development Service at 808-934-2706 to make an appointment.
Our counseling services are confidential. This is a safe space to share what's on your mind. Our office assistant, Sharon, and the counselor will be the only people to know that you are here. What you talk about with your counselor, stays between you two. Click here if you want more detailed information about your confidentiality.
About our Services
Counseling Services develops and delivers services for the UH Hilo community that empower students to achieve personal and academic goals.
Our services are grounded in:
Aloha Compassion. Empathy. Relationship.
Lōkahi Balanced. Holistic.
Mālama To cultivate growth.
We are committed to being:
Intentional Evidence-based. Effective. Community collaborators.
Individualized Multicultural. Inclusive. Authentic.
Ethical Confidential. Safe. Respectful. Responsible.
In a Crisis
Visit our Emergency Assistance page for guidance.
Free, confidential, 24/7 hotlines:
- Crisis Text Line: text "HELLO" or "ALOHA" to 741-741
- YWCA Sexual Assault Support Services Hotline: 808-935-0677
- Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi: 1-800-753-6879
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Please see our Response to a Disaster or other Traumatic Event page for resources and information about how to cope with disaster related stress.