Alcohol and Substance Use in College
Are you thinking of cutting back? How much is too much? Find out where you stand by taking this 20-30 min. confidential interactive web program to receive immediate, personalized feedback about your alcohol use.
What About Counseling?
Counselors with Counseling Services can assist students who wish to reduce their substance or alcohol use. The goals and discussion topics in counseling are up to the student, and counseling is voluntary. In accordance with our Confidentiality Policy, counselors do not have a duty to report substance use. Since counseling while under the influence of alcohol or other substances may not be effective, counselors may ask students to reschedule appointments if they arrive to Counseling Services and are not sober.
Other UH Hilo Resources
- UH Hilo Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Student Health and Wellness Programs
Peer educators offer presentations and workshops.
- Student Medical Services
Community and National Resources
- Free! Hawaii Tobacco Quit Line 1-800-784-8669
Self/Help 12-Step Groups
- Al-Anon : (808) 935-0971
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) East Hawaiʻi : (808) 961-6133
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) : (808) 769-6016
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA) : (937) 701-7522 (SLAA)
- ʻOhana Counseling Services Alcohol and Addictions Program : (808) 935-4412
- Lokahi Treatment Center, Hilo : (808) 969-9292
- Big Island Substance Abuse Council (BISAC) : (808) 969-9994