Mental Health Support, Awareness and Stigma Reduction
Help to stop the stigma on our campus by contributing to our anti-stigma video project!
- Love is Louder "Love is Louder is a project of The Jed Foundation created with actress Brittany Snow to support anyone feeling mistreated, misunderstood, or alone."
- Half of Us Half of college students reported that they have been stressed to a point where they couldn't function. Half of Us offers real stories, information about difficult feelings and experiences (ex. feeling hopeless, experiencing a break-up), and resources to help yourself or a friend.
- OK2Talk "It's time we talked about mental illness. Share what's on your mind."
- Bring Change 2 Mind "We’re a non-profit organization working together to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness through widely distributed public education materials and programs based on the latest scientific insights and measured for effectiveness."
Mental Health Support and Awareness
- Active Minds "Active Minds is the nation’s only nonprofit organization dedicated to utilizing the student voice to raise mental health awareness among college students."
Local and National Resources
- NAMI Hawaiʻi National Alliance on Mental Illness, Hawaiʻi chapter. "We offer Education, Advocacy and Support for persons with mental illness and their families. Our programs are prepared and delivered by family members & consumers who have lived and are now living the same challenges you face."
- Mental Health America of Hawaiʻi "We educate and organize our community to enhance mental wellness for all Hawaiʻi’s people. Through our leadership, we expand mental health awareness, understanding, and action. We advocate to ensure that people with mental health problems have the quality services they deserve."
- Read about stigma at BringChage2Mind.
- The Active Minds website offers tips on how to fight stigma .