Mental Health Support, Awareness and Stigma Reduction
- Love is Louder
- "Love is Louder is a project of The Jed Foundation created with actress Brittany Snow to support anyone feeling mistreated, misunderstood or alone."
- Half of Us
- Half of college students reported that they have been stressed to a point where they couldn't function. Half of Us offers real stories, information about difficult feelings and experiences (ex. feeling hopeless, experiencing a break-up), and resources to help yourself or a friend.
- Be Vocal Speak Up
- Singer Demi Lovato lives with bipolar disorder and decided it was time to speak up. She partnered with mental health organizations to create this online campaign. Read about her story and watch her video.
- "It's time we talked about mental illness. Share what's on your mind."
- Bring Change 2 Mind
- "We’re a non-profit organization working together to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness through widely distributed public education materials and programs based on the latest scientific insights and measured for effectiveness."
Mental Health Support and Awareness
- Active Minds
- "Active Minds is the nation’s only nonprofit organization dedicated to utilizing the student voice to raise mental health awareness among college students."
Local and National Resources
- NAMI Hawaiʻi
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Hawaiʻi chapter. "We offer Education, Advocacy and Support for persons with mental illness and their families. Our programs are prepared and delivered by family members & consumers who have lived and are now living the same challenges you face."
- Mental Health America of Hawaiʻi
- "We educate and organize our community to enhance mental wellness for all Hawaiʻi’s people. Through our leadership, we expand mental health awareness, understanding, and action. We advocate to ensure that people with mental health problems have the quality services they deserve."
- Read about stigma and watch a video at BringChage2Mind.
- Stigma as defined by the Active Minds website FAQs .
- About Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Stigma Reduction
- Alcohol and Substance Use
- Homesickness/ Adjustment
- Time Management
Links to halfofus.com's:
- Help a Friend
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault/ Relationship Violence
- General Self-help/ Resources
- Community Resources
- Self-Help Apps
Screens for 13 common conditions that college students face. Identifies problems and provides information to assist you in deciding how to reach out for help.
Counseling Services are free and confidential for all UH Hilo students. We welcome questions, comments and feedback about our website at firstname.lastname@example.org.