Professional Development Resources
- All UH Hilo faculty are eligible to apply for Travel Awards, the Research Relations Fund and Seed Money Grants. These programs are administered by the UH Hilo Research Council. For information, see Intramural Programs.
- Academic Professional Development Program website. Information about grants, conference attendance, distance educators, sabbaticals, support for dossier creation, and faculty development for new faculty.
- The Professional Development Committee assesses faculty and staff professional development interests and needs; plans and implements activities in support of faculty and staff development; creates an annual budget and action agenda; develops guidelines for the distribution of funds allocated for faculty and staff professional development; allocates funds for proposed faculty and staff development activities; reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of faculty and staff development activities.
New Faculty Orientation
Tuesday August 16, 2016
8:15 AM- 12:00 Noon
- Ho'okipa Welina (Welcome Ceremony)
- Huaka'i: Wahi Pana O Hilo, Engaging with our Hilo Envrionments- Facilitated by the Office of Hawaiian Culture and Protocols Engagement
Wednesday August 17, 2016
8:30 AM- 1:00 PM
This day will cover a variety of topics, including FERPA, Health Services, Student Conduct Code, ADA Compliance, the STAR degree audit program, EEO/AA, and various services around campus. The day culminates with a lunch with fellow faculty members.