Four-Year Academic Map 2019-2020
Download this 4-year map as a PDF.
This is a sample academic plan for students entering on the 2019-2020 catalog. Students should meet with an academic advisor prior to registration to formulate their own plan. Please tap the button following each course to view course description and prerequisites or see the UH Hilo Catalog for more course information.
This academic plan is for students who place intoor higher.
Year 1: Fall Semester
|FQ: Quantitative Reasoning)(||4|
|NS Elective (Rec:)||3|
|FW: Written Communication)(||3|
|NS Elective (Rec:or )||3|
|Elective (Rec:or )||1|
Year 1: Spring Semester
|DP: Physical Science)(||4|
|GQR: Quantitative Reasoning)(||4|
|DB: Biological Science (Rec: )||3|
Year 2: Fall Semester
|See note 2 (DY: Science Laboratory)||1|
|NS Elective (Rec:, , )||3|
Year 2: Spring Semester
|See note 2 WI||1|
|See note 1||3|
|See note 1||1|
Year 3: Fall Semester
|FGA, FGB or FGC: Global Multicultural Perspectives I||3|
|DA, DH or DL: Arts, Humanities, Literature I||3|
Year 3: Spring Semester
|FGA, FGB or FGC: Global Multicultural Perspectives II||3|
|Upper Elective (Rec:/ )||3|
Year 4: Fall Semester
|PHYS Upper Elective||3|
|DS: Social Science I||3|
|DA, DH or DL: Arts, Humanities, Literature II||3|
|WI Upper Elective||3|
- may be offered in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Students should plan on taking this course and lab during Year 2 in either semester.
- is currently offered in Fall semesters and is offered in the Spring semesters.
- Students must earn at least a 2.0 GPA in courses required for the major.
- At least 36 credits must be earned in courses at the 300- or 400- level.
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisors regarding Natural Science elective courses appropriate to their career aspirations.