Students should decide on a school/program to attend prior to completing the study abroad application. Please review the following checklist so that you are prepared and have all required documents when you apply. If your application is incomplete, it will not be considered, so it is very important that you have the materials ready in advance. If you have any questions please contact our office or email the regionally appropriate study abroad adviser.
- Complete the UH Hilo Study Abroad Application form.
- Download and complete two UH Hilo Study Abroad Recommendation Forms.
- Attach your Personal Statement.
- Submit all forms to the CGEE office before the specified deadline.
Go Global Summer Programs
Spend your summer traveling the world while earning academic credits towards graduation.
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC - Rio)
(Tuition discounts available directly from PUC-Rio)
- Brazilian Seminars (July 09 - 24, 2020) Homestay option and Intensive Portuguese Language workshop available
University of Essex
- Two-week summer program (17 -31 July 2020) including social activities and excursions.
Cost: £1,485 includes tuition, accommodations, sports center access, social activities and excursions.
ESSCA School of Management
ESSCA School of Management
- Budapest Summer Programme (15 June – 10 July 2020)
- Courses For Undergraduates: Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Agriculture, Health, Education, Art, Interdisciplinary Studies
- 1-2 Week Program ranging June-October
- Early Application Period February 1-15
- Tuition fees are waved for UH Hilo students
- Japanese Program in Nagoya, Japan (3 June – 3 August 2020): Intensive Japanese language courses (real beginners to pre-advanced), Japanese Studies courses, Internship in Japanese, and Japanese Arts.
Seinan Gakuin University
Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Program in Fukuoka, Japan:
University of Stirling
(Tuition waived, program fee below)
Program fees include:
accommodations, module excursions, full social programs and airport pickup/return
|Block(s)||Credits||Cost (£ = 1.31$)|
|Block 1||(3 cr)||£2,125|
|Block 1 or 2||(6 cr)||£2,325|
|Block 1 and 2||(6 cr)||£4,175|
|Block 1 and 2||(9 cr)||£4,275|
|Block 1 and Internship||£4,275|
|Block 1 and 2||(12 cr)||£4,350|
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
(Tuition is waived, housing approximately USD$700)
(Tuition waived, housing approximately USD$750)
Take up to three courses this summer at KU and participate in various cultural activities with KU Buddy.
- Six Week Program: June 30, 2020 (Tue) ~ August 6, 2020 (Thu) - Four Week Program: June 30, 2020 (Tue) ~ July 23, 2020 (Thu)
- International Summer Program (29 June - 24 July, 2020): Take a class or two while also participating in a club activity, buddy activity, and field trips every Friday in and around Seoul.
1$ = 1170₩.
|Registration Type||Application Fee||Tuition (3cr)||Tuition (6cr)||Dormitory Fee|
|UH Hilo fees||₩100,000||₩1,620,000||₩2,430,000||₩700,000|
|Early bird (15% off) by Feb. 20||₩100,000||₩1,530,000||₩2,295,000||₩700,000|
National Taiwan University
NTU Plus Academy offers 20 topic-based short-term programs in Chinese Studies, Natural Science, Social Science, Arts and Research & Internship. Each program has different start and end dates.
Study Abroad Recommendation Forms
- If you are a freshmen or new transfer student to UH Hilo we suggest that you start participating in class discussions and meet with your professors during their office hours to discuss your intent to study abroad. As a courtesy you should ask your recommenders for permission as well as provide them with your personal statement before starting the your application.