Prepare to Leave Campus
Cancel On-Campus Housing
Leaving campus for Study Abroad is considered a legitimate reason to cancel your housing contract.
For further questions about UH Hilo Housing, contact Housing at (808) 932-7403.
Sublet Off-Campus Housing
If student will be away for a summer, a semester, or longer and would like to sublet his/her apartment, try some of the following to advertisement options:
- Check or post listings in the Hawaiʻi Tribune Herald
- Check or post listings on Hawaiʻi Craigslist
- Pack and Store Belongings
Host university/affiliated programs will provide student with a list of items to pack. Remaining items should be stored away in a safe place. Storage options include:
- Storage in apartment: Student should confirm with landlord the possibility of using the apartment as storage.
- Self-storage units: Check out these self storage facilities located in Hilo.
Submit Necessary Documents to CGEE
Student must submit the Study Abroad Course Approval Form (PDF) (SACA), Budget Sheet, Pre-departure forms and any other document(s) specified by study abroad advisor before departure to avoid any HOLD on student's status.