Office of the Registrar

Commonly Used Forms

Effective 5/7/2020: Forms have been updated to facilitate electronic signatures. Please download the form to access the electronic signature field on the form. For instructions on acceptable electronic signatures, please see instructions below.

On this page:


Effective August 17, 2021, our office will no longer accept forms with credit card information via UH Filedrop. Forms with credit card information must be sent via fax, mail, or submitted in-person to our office.

  1. Download form onto your computer
  2. Open form in Adobe Acrobat Reader
  3. Click the Fill & Sign icon in the toolbar on the right side of the form
  4. Click Fill and sign button
  5. The sign button will now appear in a task pane at the top of the form
  6. Click the sign icon in the toolbar, and select Add Signature
  7. Click the Draw icon and use your mouse to add your signature on the dotted line
  8. Click Apply button
  9. Your signature will now appear on the form and you can drag it to the signature field you need to sign on the form
  10. Click outside of the signature field to set the signature in the field
  11. Complete the rest of the form
  12. Download the form to send the form electronically or print out the form and send via fax, mail or submit in-person.
  13. If your form requires the following, please proceed to the UH FileDrop instructions below:
    • Form requires approving signatures
    • Electronic document includes confidential information
  14. To send forms with confidential information, please send by UH FileDrop. UH FileDrop is a secure way of sending confidential information to a recipient.
  15. Forms with an asterisk * next to the name should be sent via UH FileDrop
  16. We advise students to contact the individual prior to sending via UH FileDrop to confirm the recipient email address that will be used
  17. To send forms to the Office of the Registrar via UH FileDrop, please indicate the recipient as
  18. To ensure adequate time to download the file, it is advised to select 14 days from the Expiration Timer field

Registration Forms

  1. *Academic Bankruptcy Declaration (PDF) (July. 2014)
  2. *Auditors Form (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  3. *Change of Registration (PDF) (June 2022)
  4. Complete Withdrawal (PDF) (July 2019)
  5. *Credit by Institutional Exam (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  6. Credit/No Credit Grading Option (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  7. *Directed Reading or Research Form, Undergraduate (Directed Studies 199V-499V) (PDF) (Sep. 2021)
  8. *Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Undergraduate Student (PDF) (June 2017)
  9. *Registration Overload Form (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  10. *Registration Override (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  11. *Teaching Assistance and Tutoring Course (496) (PDF) (Oct. 2017)

Graduate Level Forms

Graduate Level Electronic Forms - The Graduate Division is converting Graduate Level forms to electronic forms using the Kuali Build system. They will continue to convert forms as time allows. If you have any questions regarding electronic forms, please contact To use the Graduate Level Electronic Forms on the link above, you will need to authenticate with your UH Login.

  1. *Form 1: Graduate Committee Formation (PDF) (Sep 2018)
  2. *Form 2: Thesis/Project/Dissertation Proposal (PDF) (Oct 2018)
  3. *Thesis/Project/Dissertation Defense Schedule (PDF) (Oct 2018)
  4. *Form 3: Thesis/Project/Dissertation Completion (PDF) (Sep 2018)
  5. *Petition to Substitute and/or Waive Courses - Graduate (PDF) (June 2017)
  6. *Permission to Register in (Subject) 500 Course (PDF) (Apr. 2016)
  7. *Directed Reading or Research Course Form for Graduate Degree Courses (599V, 699V and 799V) (PDF) (Sep 2020)
  8. *Student Overload Approval Form Graduate Program (PDF) (Apr. 2016)
  9. Graduate Repeat Course Notification (PDF) (Feb. 2017)
  10. *Petition for Leave of Absence (PDF) (May 2019)
  11. *Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Unclassified Student (PDF) (Dec. 2019)
  12. *Permission to Enroll in Graduate Coursework as an Undergraduate Student (PDF) (June 2017)
  13. *Petition to Continue from a Master’s Program to a Doctoral Program (PDF) (June 2017)
  14. *Thesis/Dissertation Form for Graduate Level Degrees (700 and 800) (PDF) (June 2017)
  15. *Authorization to Participate in Commencement (PDF) (Mar 2020)
  16. *Comprehensive Exam Reporting Form (PDF) (October 2018)

Graduation Forms

  1. *Application to Graduate in Absentia (PDF) (Oct. 2017)
  2. *Catalog Declaration (PDF) , effective Fall 2011 (July 2014)
  3. Change of Major (Email) (Mar. 2022)
  4. Graduation Application (PDF) (July 2022)
  5. *Request for Modification of Academic Requirement (UG) (PDF) (Sep. 2016)
  6. Request to Mail Diploma (PDF) (Feb. 2022)

Other Forms

  1. Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  2. Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents Multiple Request (PDF) (Aug. 2017)
  3. *Consent to Disclose Education Records to Third Party (PDF) (2013)
  4. Certification Request (PDF) To certify from Fall 2022 to Summer 2022 (July 2022)
  5. Certification Multiple Term Request (PDF) (Feb. 2016)
  6. Kingdom of Hawaiʻi Declaration Form
  7. Request to Opt Out of Directory Information (PDF) (2013)
  8. *Transcript Request Form (PDF) (Dec. 2021)
  9. Transcript Forwarding Request (PDF) (Aug. 2018)
  10. *Tuition Appeal for Special Circumstances (PDF) (Nov. 2020)
  11. *Change of Name/Preferred Name Request (PDF) (Jan. 2017)
  12. *Student Personal Data Update Form (PDF)1 (Nov. 2020)

Veterans Forms

  1. *Veteran Enrollment Certification Request (PDF) (Aug. 2022)
  2. Veteran Exemption to Non-Resident Tuition Rate (Please see the Office of the Registrar to inquire about this exemption)
  3. Yellow Ribbon Program (PDF)(Three slots available) (Aug. 2022)
  4. Student Veterans Education Checklist (PDF) (Aug. 2022)
  5. UH Hilo VA Information Package (PDF) (Aug. 2022)

All forms are available in alternate formats. Please contact the UH Hilo Office of Disability Services for more information: (808) 932-7623, TTY (808) 932-7002.

  1. Form used to update Social Security Number change, new phone number, permanent address, physical address, or address after graduation. ↩︎