Financial obligations to the University of Hawaiʻi System must be cleared before requests are processed.
On this page:
Transcripts Ordered Online via National Student Clearinghouse
|Transcript Delivery Information||Description||Processing Time||Cost|
|Electronic||UH Hilo electronic PDF transcript (eTranscript and ETX)||Same Day via Email||$8.50*|
|• Mail/United States
• Certified Mail/United States
• Express/United States
• Express/Canada and Mexico
|UH Hilo printed paper transcript||Printed within 1-2 business days||$10.35 + mailing cost
(Please see Mailing options table below)
|Hold for Pickup||UH Hilo printed paper transcript||Printed within 1-2 business days
(Office of the Registrar will contact when ready for pick up)
- Transcripts issued to educational institutions participating in Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX) will be assessed $7.50. The transcript will be sent to the institution via the Clearinghouse portal.
- Transcript requests that require supplementary clarification or external assistance may take additional time for processing.
You can check transcript order status online here . Enter your transcript order number and email address, then click the View Status button. The transcript order number is displayed on your order confirmation page and all emails associated with your order.
|Mail/United States*||First-class USPS mail with no verification or tracking information.|
|Certified Mail/United States*||Certified Mail provides the sender with a mailing receipt and electronic verification that an article was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made. A signature by the recipient is required for the transcript to be delivered successfully.|
|Mail/International||First-class USPS mail with no verification or tracking information.|
|Express/United States*||Express mail provides the sender with tracking.|
|Express/Canada & Mexico||Express mail provides the sender with tracking.|
|Express/International||Express mail provides the sender with tracking.|
Note: All United States Mailing Options includes domestic mail that are transmitted within, among, or between the United States of America, its territories and possessions, Army Post Offices (APOs), Fleet Post Offices (FPOs), Diplomatic Post Offices (DPOs) and the United Nations, NY. This also includes mail that is treated as domestic mail originating from the Freely Associated States. For a comprehensive list, please visit the USPS website.
How to Order Transcripts directly from UH Hilo
Fill out, print, and mail or fax the Transcript Request Form along with your payment as instructed on the form.
- UH Hilo does not accept transcript requests by telephone
- UH Hilo does not offer electronic transmittal of official transcripts
- Transcript requests must have the student's signature
Either mail or fax both the request and payment.
Mail to:UH Hilo Office of the Registrar
200 West Kāwili St.
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Please call (808) 932-7447 to verify that your request was received.
Or fax to: (808) 932-7448. Please call (808) 932-7447 to verify that your request was received.
Delivery Address Instructions
To ensure proper delivery of transcripts:
- Do not use script font
- Enter all information in capital letters
- Entire address must fit in designated area of the Transcript Request Form
MR. JAMES JONES 200 WEST KĀWILI ST HILO, HI 96720-4091
Fees and Delivery Methods
There are two transcript processing options (regular and rush) which have different fees. All requests must specify the processing type and include payment for all fees.
Please make checks payable to one of the following:
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- UH Hilo
|Transcript Option||Fee||Processing Time|
|UH Hilo: Regular processing||$5.00||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 7 business days upon receipt of request and payment.|
|UH Hilo: Rush processing||$15.00||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 3 business days upon receipt of request and payment.|
- All transcripts are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service as First-class USPS postage, which is included in the processing fee.
- Rush processing changed from 2 to 3 business days effective March 13, 2021.
Alert: USPS is experiencing unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience.
Alert: USPS is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic and other unrelated service disruptions. Read More
- The Office of the Registrar provides official transcripts bearing the UH Hilo seal and the signature of the University Registrar.
- The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Current students can view and print their academic record in STAR under the Transcripts tab.
- Official transcripts of credits earned at other institutions are not available for distribution by UH Hilo. UH Hilo does not distribute official transcripts of academic work from other institutions, including other UH campuses. You must order transcripts directly from the institution where you completed the coursework.
- Mailing time is not included in the processing time and delivery is the responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service. Delivery date is not guaranteed for any mailing option. Please allow sufficient time for mail delivery.
- UH Hilo is not responsible for undeliverable transcripts once the transcript leaves our institution. If a new transcript needs to be issued, the student will have to submit a new request and pay the additional processing fee.
- Transcripts are available for pick-up at the Office of the Registrar . You will be required to show a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- In order for a third party to pick up your transcript, you must either indicate on the Transcript Request form by checking off the "Authorized pick up person" box and indicating the individual's name or submit the Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents form to the Office of the Registrar prior to having the authorized third party pick-up your transcript. The person will be required to show his or her photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- All transcripts released directly to you are stamped "Issued to Student" and put in a sealed envelope to advise third parties that the transcript has been in your personal possession. These transcripts are considered official as they bear the UH Hilo seal.
Request to Forward Previous Transcripts
Students may request that UH Hilo forward their previous transcripts to another campus within the University of Hawaiʻi System. Please submit the Transcript Forwarding Request form to the Office of the Registrar and your request will be processed within 45 business days if the previous transcripts are still on file.
In an attempt to help with student advising and record keeping, the Office of the Registrar is entering student information on microfilm into our computerized student information system. If any microfilmed records are needed immediately, please contact our office at (808) 932-7447 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.