The Office of the Registrar provides official transcripts bearing the UH Hilo seal and the signature of the University Registrar.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. No electronic transcripts are available at this time. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. You do not need your UH Hilo username and password to use the National Student Clearinghouse.
The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Current students can view and print their academic record in MyUH using STAR Degree Audit Check/View Transcript.
Official transcripts of credits earned at other institutions are not available for distribution by UH Hilo. UH Hilo does not distribute official transcripts of academic work from other institutions, including other UH campuses. You must order transcripts directly from the institution where you completed the coursework.
Financial obligations to the University of Hawaiʻi System must be cleared before requests are processed.
Online Transcript Ordering from National Student Clearinghouse
- Please Note: The transcript processing options and fees vary based on ordering from UH Hilo directly versus National Student Clearinghouse. Please see below table for Transcript Option and fee information.
- Start by clicking the Clearinghouse Secure Site link
- Click on the green button that says Start
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- If you need to submit a form with your transcript request, there will be an attachment option available.
- By using the National Student Clearinghouse services, order updates will be emailed to you. You can also request order updates via text (carrier message and data rates may apply).
- You can check your order status online by selecting University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo from the drop down menu. In the “Track Your Order” box, enter your transcript order number and email address, then click the arrow button. The transcript order number is displayed on your order confirmation page and all emails associated with your order.
- If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, contact 703-742-7791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Order Transcripts directly from UH Hilo
Fill out, print, and mail or fax the Transcript Request Form along with your payment as instructed on the form.
- UH Hilo does not accept transcript requests by telephone
- UH Hilo does not offer electronic transmittal of official transcripts
- Transcript requests must have the student's signature
Either mail or fax both the request and payment.
Mail to :
UH Hilo Office of the Registrar 200 West Kāwili St. Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Please call (808) 932-7447 to verify that your request was received.
Or fax to:
(808) 932-7448. Please call (808) 932-7447 to verify that your request was received.
Delivery Address Instructions
To ensure proper delivery of transcripts:
- Do not use script font
- Enter all information in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Entire address must fit in designated area of the Transcript Request Form
MR. JAMES JONES 200 WEST KĀWILI ST HILO, HI 96720-4091
There are two transcript processing options (regular and rush) and three mailing options (first class, priority, and express); all have different fees. All requests must specify the processing type and mailing option, and include payment for all fees.
|Transcript Option||Fee||Processing Time|
|UH Hilo: Regular processing||$5.00||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 7 business days of receiving the request. First-class USPS postage is included; expedited shipping is available.|
|UH Hilo: Rush processing||$15.00||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 2 business days of receiving the request. First-class USPS postage is included; expedited shipping is available.|
|National Student Clearinghouse: Regular processing||$7.25||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 7 business days of receiving the request. Only first-class USPS postage is included.|
|National Student Clearinghouse: Rush processing||$17.25||Mailed out or available for pick-up within 2 business days of receiving the request. Only first-class USPS postage is included.|
All transcripts mailed via the U.S. Postal Service as First-class USPS postage are at no charge. If you would like to select Priority or Express mailing options, additional charges will apply*:
|First-class USPS postage||No charge||Included in both regular and rush processing requests. No tracking available.|
|USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope||
||Tracking available for domestic mail. International priority mailing does not include tracking. Transcript will be delivered without a required signature at time of delivery at the delivery address.|
|USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope||
||Tracking available; someone must be available to receive and sign for the transcript at the delivery address.|
* Note: Prices vary for international Priority or Express mailing options. Please visit the USPS website for the appropriate pricing for each individual country.
- Mailing time is not included in the processing time and delivery is the responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service. Delivery date is not guaranteed for any mailing option. Please allow sufficient time for mail delivery.
- UH Hilo is not responsible for undeliverable transcripts once the transcript leaves our institution. If a new transcript needs to be issued, the student will have to submit a new request and pay the additional processing fee.
- Transcripts are available for pick-up at the Office of the Registrar. You will be required to show a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- In order for a third party to pick up your transcript, you must either indicate on the Transcript Request form by checking off the "Authorized pick up person" box and indicating the individual's name or submit the Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents form to the Office of the Registrar prior to having the authorized third party pick-up your transcript. The person will be required to show his or her photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- All transcripts released directly to you are stamped "Issued to Student" and put in a sealed envelope to advise third parties that the transcript has been in your personal possession. These transcripts are considered official as they bear the UH Hilo seal.
Request to Forward Previous Transcripts
Students may request that UH Hilo forward their previous transcripts to another campus within the University of Hawaiʻi System. Please submit the Transcript Forwarding Request form to the Office of the Registrar and your request will be processed within 45 business days if the previous transcripts are still on file.
In an attempt to help with student advising and record keeping, the Office of the Registrar is entering student information on microfilm into our computerized student information system. If any microfilmed records are needed immediately, please contact our office at (808) 932-7447 or email at email@example.com.