- UH Hilo Academic Calendars
- UH System Academic Calendars
- Final Exam Schedules
- Useful Links
- General Forms
- Banner, STAR, and Academic Logic Access (for new users)
- STAR Announcements/Updates
- FERPA Tutorial
- Registration Override Codes & Instructions
- Curriculum and Program Submission Deadlines to the Office of the Registrar
- Curriculum Forms and Instructions
- Kuali Student Curriculum Management
UH System Academic Calendars
- STAR for Advisors (only available from UH campus)
- Academic Logic (only available from UH campus)
- Reset STAR Password, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MyUH Services
- Banner ( restricted access)
- Banner Central Website
- Online Reports - University of Hawaiʻi Institutional Research Office
- Faculty Evaluation Statistics
- Student Enrollment Headcount (IRO)
- University of Hawaiʻi Master Course List (list of active courses for the ten campuses of the University of Hawaiʻi System)
- New General Education beginning Fall 2010
Registration Override Codes & Instructions
Instructors are under no obligation to issue a Registration Override. It is up to the instructor on a case-by-case basis. Instructors will enter the override directly in MyUH Services. For complete instructions, please review the Faculty Tutorial.
- What are registration overrides?
- Registration overrides are for faculty to grant exceptions to registration restrictions (missing prerequisites, co-requisites, wrong major, class full, time conflict, etc.) or special approval for a particular student.
- Who can grant overrides?
- Faculty are authorized to access and grant overrides only for their own classes. Authorized administrative staff may also enter overrides via Banner.
- How do I view students with overrides for my classes?
- You may access the Registration Overrides Summary screen from the Faculty Main Menu and view overrides for any class you are scheduled to teach.
Registration Overrides should NOT be used for:
- Waitlisted Courses
- Crosslisted Courses with 0 Available Seats
- When should an override be made?
- Permit / Overrides should be inputted before the student attempts to register for the class.
- What information do I need in order to enter an override?
- You will need to know the student's ID number or UH username, the course CRN, and the type of override needed.
- What types of overrides are available?
- UH Hilo Faculty, please restrict usage of registration overrides to the following:
|Registration Override Code ¹ (on MyUH Faculty Services)||Purpose for Override|
|Hilo Reg. Permit (
||allows registration in a closed class when there are no available seats|
|Hilo Reg. Authorization (
||1. grants instructor permission
2. overrides prerequisites
|Program Override (
||permits non-UH Hilo nursing students to register for UH Hilo nursing classes|
|Time Conflict Override (
||enables registration in a second class with a time conflict (start and end at the same time)|
|Duplicate Class Override (
||enables registration in 2 sections of the same course:
1. allows students to take 2 or more Special Topics and/or Experimental Courses at once
2. beginning on the first day of instruction, allows students to drop and add an alternate section of a course
¹ The following overrides are reserved for the Dean's Office and other UH system campuses. UH Hilo Faculty, please do not grant these overrides:
- Level Override
- Prereq / Coreq / Spec / Cap Override
- Repeat Times Override
- Repeat Hours Override
- Degree Override
Please advise the student that s/he must register for the class in STAR GPS to complete the registration process. Tuition and fee assessments will appear on the students account after registration is processed.
Students have up until the Last Day to Register or Add a Class deadline to register for a class in STAR GPS. Overrides must be entered prior to students registering for a class with a registration error. If the deadline passes, students must then work with their instructor and the College Dean of the course to request for special permission to register for the course using a Change of Registration Form. This is approved on a case-by-case basis and not guaranteed.
Curriculum & Program Deadlines
Please see the Curriculum Resources website for curriculum deadlines.
Curriculum Forms & Instructions
For deadlines to submit Curriculum Proposals to the Campus-wide Curriculum Review Committee, please visit the Curriculum Resources web page.
- Course De-Activation, Re-Activation, or Archiving (PDF) (Feb. 2023)
- Special Topics and Experimental (Aug. 2022)
Kuali Student Curriculum Management (KSCM)
More information is also available at the Kuali Curriculum Management Resources site.