On this page:
You can obtain certification of your current and past enrollment status for semesters you are or have been officially registered at UH Hilo for health insurance, loan deferments, scholarships, services for students, or other benefits.
Any changes to your enrollment status may impact benefits you are receiving. With this in mind, carefully consider the implications of decreasing your credit load. The table below outlines the types of student status based on credits taken.
Student Status Table
|Full-Time [UG]||Part-Time [UG]||Full-Time [Grad]||Part-Time [Grad]|
Office of the Registrar Certification for Students
The Office of the Registrar can certify your current and past enrollment status for semesters you are or have been officially registered at UH Hilo including: anticipated graduation date, semester(s) of attendance, start and end dates for each semester, number of credits carried, or other pertinent information regarding your academic record.
If you need the Office of the Registrar to provide a letter or to complete an outside agency's form to certify this information, submit the agency's form or a Certification Request form to the Office of the Registrar by mail, fax, or in person.
Note: You must specify the semester you need verified and sign the form as indicated in order for your request to be processed.
- While requests are usually processed within two business days, it may take longer during peak periods (e.g., the beginning of the semester). For mailed requests, please allow additional days for delivery via the U.S. Postal Service.
- There is no fee for enrollment certification.
- Certifications you request for pick-up are available at the Office of the Registrar.
- In order for a third party to pick up your certification, the Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents form must be completed, signed, and submitted to the Office of the Registrar prior to pick up of the form. The third party individual will be required to show his or her photo ID at the time of pick up.
- For your privacy, the certification will not include your Social Security Number or date of birth unless you have specifically requested they be included.
- Read FERPA policies regarding the release of student information and nondisclosure periods.
Third-Party Requests for Enrollment & Degree Verification
UH Hilo has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment certifications and degree verification. Third parties (e.g., employers, background screening firms, etc.) requesting enrollment certifications or degree verification should visit the National Student Clearinghouse or call (703) 742-4200.
Degree verification for the most recent term is available approximately eight to 10 weeks after the end of the semester. Consult the Academic Calendar for semester dates.
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd. Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Note: The National Student Clearinghouse complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).