General Education Requirements
Basic, Area, and Integrative Requirements at UH Hilo
Please select a catalog year
Prior Academic Years
- General Education Requirements for students using the 2011-2012 catalog.
- Students Using Catalogs Prior to 2011: Please consult the appropriate catalog for requirements.
- Students with Prior Degrees
Student and Advisor Resources
- Advising Center: List of GE/Integrative Requirements and Certified Courses: Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Fall 2013, Fall 2014 and Fall 2015 (PDF)
- Advising Center: Advising Checklist of GE Basic, Area, and Integrative Requirements (PDF)
- Which Catalog Can I Use?
- Faculty-Generated Worksheet of GE requirements (PDF)
Forms for Students
- Catalog Declaration Form (PDF)
- How to request a course substitution or waiver of requirement
Using STAR to Track Academic Progress
Information about General Education
- Why Is General Education Important for You?
- Goals and Outcomes of General Education at UH Hilo
- Basic, Area, and Integrative Categories and Criteria
- FAQs about the New Requirements
- UH Hilo Transfer Policy (PDF)
- UH Hilo Policy on Catalog Choice and Retroactivity (PDF)
- UH System Agreement on Transfer of GE Core (Basic and Area) Requirements (PDF)
- UH System and UH Hilo Congress Approval of Revised GE Program 2008 (PDF)