Workplace Non-Violence Campus Procedures
- Purpose: To provide procedural and suggested processes to implement Executive Policy, E9.210, Workplace Non-Violence policy.
- Objectives: To establish procedures for the development of campus response to workplace violence incidents.
- Applicability/Responsibility: This instruction applies to employees, students, and visitors who may be impacted by incidents of violence.
- The Chancellor or designee shall be responsible for developing campus procedures to respond to incidents of workplace violence. See Attachment 1 for Crisis Management Flowchart.
- See Attachment 2 for Notification List.
- See Attachment 3 for Incident Report
- See Attachment 4 for Post-Incident Report
Crisis Management Flowchart
Incident Report Management Flow Chart revised 11/30/2012
A. Campus Crisis Management Team
|Administrative Lead: Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs||Kaleihiʻiikapoli “Kalei” Rapoza||Serve as chair of the CCMT and senior on-site manager|
|Lead Security: Director of Security||Rick Murray||Provide assistance with physical security issues and may be called upon to prove assistance to student, faculty, staff and visitors. Coordinate efforts with the police. Campus Security plays a major role in bringing the incident under control.|
|Human Resources: Director of Human Resources||Lorena Kauhi||Assist in dealing with complaints of workplace violence alleged to be perpetrate by employees. Advise in the administrative investigation and disciplinary action, as appropriate, and assist in dealing with industrial injury claims.|
|Public Affairs: Director of Media Relations||Alyson Kakugawa-Leong||Provide direction on media relations both within and outside the University. Manage press releases and coordinates on behalf of the University information provided to the newspaper, television, etc.|
|Legal Affairs: Associate General Counsel||Provide legal advise to the Senior executive in managing the incident, including coordination with the Prosecutor's Office, Attorney General's Office, etc. Represent the University in any related legal action.|
|Student Affairs: Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs||Christopher Holland||Provide perspective and information in situations where students are involved or students may be impacted as perpetrators, victims or witnesses. As necessary, provide student records to appropriate authorized individuals. Serve as contact for Student Health Services to provide emergency assistance to the University.|
B. Checklist of Notification
- Police: 911
- Campus Security
- Medical Assistance: 911
- Injured Party's Spouse/Family: (808) 956-2211
- Red Cross/Counseling Assistance: (808) 935-8305