The New General Education and Integrative Requirements: For Faculty
The new GE program for UH Hilo went into effect Fall 2011.
Applying for GE Certification
To apply towards a GE requirement or towards the Hawaiʻi Pac-Pacific or Global and Community Citizenship requirement, a course must be certified by the UH Hilo Faculty Congress General Education Committee. Download the certification application form, follow instructions, and email as an attachment with the course syllabus to uhhgened[at]hawaii.edu. Email queries to the same email.
- Application for certification for GE Basic or Area or Integrative requirement This form downloads best on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers.
- Application for Writing Intensive status for a course
- Transfer of GE: Presentation by the Office of the Registrar
- Transfer Policy
- Policy on Catalog Choice and Retroactivity
Guidelines and Goals
The following shows how to state assessable learning outcomes for your courses.
- Guidelines for Developing and Stating SLOs with Sample SLOs (UH Mānoa and UH Hilo)
- Goals for the General Education and Integrative Requirements
- GE and Integrative Categories and Definitions