Environmental Health & Safety Office
Environmental Health & Safety Officer: Mr. Ken Ikeda
Unit: Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs
Office: Safety & Security Bldg
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Phone: (808) 932-7638
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, updated October 1, 2018.
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo's Environmental Health and Safety Office (EHSO), under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs, is committed to ensure a safe campus environment for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors. EHSO endeavors to achieve this goal through the development and administration of health and safety programs critical to the University experience.
- We provide expert guidance and timely service to the University Community through our commitment to health and safety. By employing best practices and collaboration, and by building long term relationships, we promote a productive and safety conscious work environment.
- As a part of a team, we value integrity, honesty, openness, and continual self-improvement. We hold ourselves accountable to our stakeholders by honoring our commitments, providing results, and striving for the highest quality.
Health and Safety Protocols and Procedures
- Non-smoking Policy Information (PDF) (posted 2/15/2011)
- Workplace Non-Violence Policy/Procedures
- Memo and Information Regarding AED's (Automated External Defibrillators) on Campus (PDF)
- Information for New Faculty and Staff (PDF)
- Orientation (PDF)
- Reminders for Faculty and Staff
- Protocol for University Personnel in Handling an Outside Agency Inspection
- Emergency Preparedness Information
- Unsafe Conditions Report
- Information about and Location of Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) on Campus (PDF)
- Health and Safety Directive 2010-2011-001 Fire Code Safety - Keeping Areas Safe, Unobstructed and Clutter Free (PDF) (8/13/2010)
- Hurricane Season Memo (PDF) (6/7/2010)
- Workers Compensation Memo (PDF) (6/7/2010)
- Workers Compensation Information (5/12/2010)
- Flu Information Page (8/24/09)
- Fire Codes & Emergency Concerns Memo (PDF) (9/16/2008)
- General Mold Cleaning Guidelines (PDF)
- Material Safety Data Sheets Guide (PDF)
- Appendix D (Using Respirators When Not Required Under the Standard) (PDF)