On this page:
Guide to Registering at UH Hilo
- View step by step process to begin classes at UH Hilo
- All documents and offices needed
- Step By Step Incoming Freshmen Guide
- Free college preparatory services for motivated 8th - 11th grade students
- Program prepares low-income and first-generation students to succeed in college
- All students able to are encouraged to apply
Returning or Transfer Student
- Students who are currently or were previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH Hilo
- Completed at least 24 baccalaureate-level semester credits from all colleges attended with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Students who have stopped-out of UH Hilo for one (1) or more semesters and have not enrolled at any other schools during their absence.
- Enrolled students graduating this term and intending to re-enter next term.
Not sure on your transfer or returning status? Check here: Advising Transfer and Returning Students
- The University of Hawai’i utilizes an online SECE system which provides all on-campus job openings.
- There are 2 types of on-campus positions that are listed; Federal Work-Study positions (FWS) and General Funded positions.
- Please note that FWS positions are reserved for those students who have an FWS Award as part of their Financial Aid Award package.
UH System Links
Study Abroad (CGEE, ISS, NSE)
Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE)
- UH Hilo students who study in another country acquire valuable skills and expertise for an increasingly internationalized and interdependent world. Additionally, UH Hilo hosts incoming exchange students from different nations and cultures each semester. These international exchange students offer diverse viewpoints and experiences to the university and greater Hilo community.
International Student Services (ISS)
- ISS serves as an interface between UH Hilo and international students to facilitate communication, understanding and appreciation between international students and the UH Hilo community.
National Student Exchange (NSE)
- The NSE program is comprised of over 150 colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, and U.S. Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Students who attend a school within the NSE consortium can go on exchange to any other member school for a summer, semester, or year!