Transfer to UH Hilo
On this page:
Step 1. Complete Transfer Application
There are two different transfer pathways into UH Hilo:
- Students who are currently or were previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH Hilo
- Completed at least 24 baccalaureate-level semester credits from all colleges attended with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- If less than 24 baccalaureate-level credits, submit official SAT or ACT scores & official high school transcript
Note: Prior to registration, students will need to complete medical health clearance and fulfill all outstanding financial obligations.
How to Apply
- Submit Transfer Application
- No application fee
- Submit official non-UH transcripts to UH Hilo's Admissions Office.
- Log into your student portal and view application status
- Download/Print your application.
- Students who are in their final semester of their Associate degree at any of the UH Community Colleges
- Student who have at least 54 credits completed at any of the UH Community Colleges by the end of the semester and a 2.0 cumulative GPA
How to Apply
Eligible students will receive an email invitation sent to their UH email account with instructions on how to apply for transfer.
Contact the UH Hilo Admissions Office if you think you are eligible for Auto Admission
Step 2. After Transfer Application
A. Wait for Decision Letter
You will receive a decision by email or letter. If your application is incomplete, you may be contacted by an admissions counselor for additional information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the admissions office.
Follow the steps listed on this page if you receive an Acceptance Letter: I’m Accepted!