Transfer to UH Hilo
Now accepting applications for Fall 2022!
Step 1. Complete Transfer Application
There are two different transfer pathways into UH Hilo:
- Students who are currently or were previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH Hilo
- Completed at least 24 baccalaureate-level semester credits from all colleges attended with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- If less than 24 baccalaureate-level credits, submit official SAT or ACT scores & official high school transcript
How to Apply
- Submit Transfer Application & Pay $50 fee.
- Submit official non-UH transcripts from all previously attended colleges to UH Hilo's Admissions Office.
- Students who are in their final semester of their Associate degree at any of the UH Community Colleges
- Student who have at least 54 credits completed at any of the UH Community Colleges by the end of the semester and a 2.0 cumulative GPA
How to Apply
Eligible students will receive an email invitation sent to their UH email account with instructions on how to apply for transfer.
Step 2. After Transfer Application
A. Wait for Decision Letter
You will receive a decision letter by mail. If your application is incomplete, you may be contacted by an admissions counselor for additional information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the admissions office.
Follow the steps listed on this page if you receive an Acceptance Letter: I'm Accepted!