The Outdoor edVenture program was established in 2008 to provide a wide range of outdoor activities and programs at a variety of skill levels for the UH Hilo community. Participants have the opportunity to explore the Big Island by participating in diverse adventure trips. Ultimately, participants will gain an appreciation and concern for the natural environment, meet new people, and have a great time!
On this page:
Upcoming Outdoor EdVenture Activities
Saturday 2nd: Hilo Waterfalls & Farmers Market $5
- Saturday 9th:
- Volunteer Day
- Saturday 16th:
- Hapuna Beach Day $5
- Saturday 7th:
- Volcano Hike $5
- Saturday 14th:
- Greensands Hike
- Saturday 7th:
- Anaeho'omalu Beach
- Saturday 18th:
- Allʻi Drive (Kona Day)
- Saturday 2nd:
- Hapuna Beach $5
Sign-ups open the Monday before the trip!
Trips that have vehicle entrance or parking fees will charge participants $5 upon check-in (Cash only please) All trips are subjct to change due to weather safety concerns. Any special accommodation requests need to be made 10 business days in advance. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
UH Hilo students enjoy the outdoors
Campus Recreation and Wellness is here for you.
We have the following programs to help you on your journey to being the best you.
- The virtual fitness classes like Yoga, Zumba and more.
- Learn about social distancing activities with our outdoor Zoom info sessions such as which beaches are open, basics of backcountry trails at volcano!
- Thinking about training for a big race or getting in better shape, we have a online classes in health/wellness and where you can train around the island!
- Come in and rent a bike, kayak or paddleboard for social distant Activities
Check out our Boating Programs
Check-out Campus Recreation and Wellness’s Boating Programming
Photos of Previous Trips are all posted on Facebook
Our photos are posted in the Facebook albums.
Equipment Rental Program
To sign-up for outdoor trips you must come to the outdoor office inside the Student Life Center the week of trip. You must bring your student or SLC ID to sign up for the trips.
Hours for the outdoor office are
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
- If there is a holiday on Monday, we will be closed and open Tuesday at 8:00am
- Requests for accommodations must be made at least 10 business days in advance.