The Outdoor Adventure program was established in to provide a wide range of outdoor activities and programs at a variety of skill levels for the UH Hilo community. Participants have the opportunity to explore the Big Island by participating in diverse adventure trips. Ultimately, participants will gain an appreciation and concern for the natural environment, meet new people, and have a great time.
Check out our Boating Programs
Come check-out our new Boating page Boating Classes
Looking for more outdoor events?
Check-out our Community Events Page for information about outdoor events happening on the big island!
How do you sign-up?
Students may sign-up for these trips beginning each Monday prior to the activity at the Outdoor EdVenture Office in the Student Life Center. Must have a student membership before signing-up for a trip. UH Hilo students fees included. Hawaiʻi CC students fees must paid at front desk of the Student Life Center.
Want more Trips? Take the Survey!! Campus Recreation's Survey!! - Fill it out to help us keep amazing programming and add more options for students!!
Photos of Pervious Trips are all posted on Facebook
Join us on facebook! Our photos are posted in the albums!
Tentative Calendar of EdVenture Trips
Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
Click here to sign up for our trips!
To sign-up for outdoor trips you must come to the outdoor office inside the Student Life Center the week of trip. You must bring your student or SLC ID to sign up for the trips.
Hours for the outdoor office are
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
- If there is a holiday on Monday, we will be closed and open Tuesday at 8:00am
- For most trips there is a 5 dollar deposit, that you get back when you come to the trip. You can also cancel at any time for these trips.
- There are a few trips that charge an entrance fee at the location. We request that you pay this at the time of sign-up. If you need to cancel one of these trips, we request that you let us know early to find a replacement for your space.
- If we are full. Please join the standby list. We often can get additional transportation, if we have a large list. As a standby, you may not know for sure if you are on the trip until the morning of. Please come to check-in ready to go!
Requests for accommodations must be made at least 10 business days in advance.