The Outdoor Adventure program was established in to provide a wide range of outdoor activities and programs at a variety of skill levels for the UH Hilo community. Participants have the opportunity to explore the Big Island by participating in diverse adventure trips. Ultimately, participants will gain an appreciation and concern for the natural environment, meet new people, and have a great time.
UH Hilo students enjoy the outdoors
During this time of Quarantine and Online classes Campus Recreation at UH Hilo is here for you! We want to be part of helping you through this crazy time! We have the following programs to help you on your journey to being the best you!
- The online fitness challenges such as the Kuikini Run series,
- The virtual fitness classes like Yoga, Zumba and more.
- Learn about social distancing activities with our outdoor Zoom info sessions such as which beaches are open, basics of backcountry trails at volcano!
- Thinking about training for a big race or getting in better shape, we have a online classes in health/wellness and where you can train around the island!
- Come in and rent a bike, kayak or paddleboard for social distant Activities
Check out our Boating Programs
Come check-out our new Boating page Boating Classes
Photos of Previous Trips are all posted on Facebook
Join us on facebook! Our photos are posted in the albums!
Equipment Rental Program
- Bike Share program
- Kayak Rentals
- Paddle Board Rentals
- Inflatable Paddleboard rentals
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini Program Already Open Online!!
- Ke Alaloa O Kūkini, roughly translated is "The Long Pathway of the Swift Runner".
- Complete the distance of the Kūkinis’ path at your UH Hilo Student Life Center and earn a Ke Alaloa O Kūkini t-shirt! - Sign-up here
To sign-up for outdoor trips you must come to the outdoor office inside the Student Life Center the week of trip. You must bring your student or SLC ID to sign up for the trips.
Hours for the outdoor office are
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
- If there is a holiday on Monday, we will be closed and open Tuesday at 8:00am
- Requests for accommodations must be made at least 10 business days in advance.