IMUA Fitness Classes
Campus Recreation Department provides numerous opportunities for patrons to meet their fitness goals. Qualified staff and resources are available for group and personal instruction in a wide variety of classes such as Zumba, Yoga, Boot Camp, Total Body Conditioning and Spin. Non-credit activities are also available to provide educational experiences for a wide variety of interests. The activities offered include Dance, Martial Arts, and Self-Defense. All Imua classes are FREE to members!
Like Imua Fitness on Facebook!
Seminars and Workshops Information [IMUA Fitness Classes Fall 2017]
Fitness classses for Summer 2018 - Begins Monday; May 21st
(Schedule is subject to change at anytime!)
- Boot Camp
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8:00pm- 8:55pm
- This class is designed to give you a total body workout where you will be performing a variety of exercises that will work and sculpt your arms, legs, abs and buttocks. You will be sure to "feel the burn" while having fun too!
- Fit to Fight
- Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays at 5:00pm - 5:55pm
- Ideal for anyone looking into getting in shape and supplement their martial arts training. This class incorporates training skills in boxing and kickboxing. You will build your strength, speed, stamina, resistance, and balance from this class. There are also drill and boxing training so be sure to bring your MMA gloves, if you have a pair.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6:45am -7:45am
- This high-intensity class is sure to give you a great cardio workout while spinning on our easy to use world-class Kaiser spin bikes. It will help you to burn calories while toning your lower body using your quadriceps and outer thigh muscles. You will ride with the instructor through various hills, sprints, and drills. This is great for anyone who is looking at getting a really great cardio workout without having to learn and memorize tricky dance or aerobic moves.
- Sunrise Yoga
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:45am -7:45am
- Come and awaken your body and "refresh" your mind and soul with this early bird class. You will learn principles from both Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga which will help you to work on your breathing, posture, alignment, and flexibility. You will also learn a series of various yoga poses that may help to improve your circulation and bring a sense of calmness to your body.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm-6:55pm
- Fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program. You will love this exhilarating hour of caloric-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements combined with core strengthening exercises.
Please note: All participants must sign the risk and release form located at the weight room desk, before attending any of the above Imua fitness classes. Cancelled classes will be posted outside of the studio.
Classes are free with membership, so come and try a class!
For questions, comments and concerns please contact:
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini Program
- Ke Alaloa O Kūkini, roughly translated is "The Long Pathway of the Swift Runner".
- Complete the distance of the Kukinis' path at your UH Hilo Student Life Center and earn a Ke Alaloa O Kūkini t-shirt! Sign-up today in the Weight Room!
- Relaxation Station @ UH Hilo Student Life Center: Wednesday, March 8th 2017 from 11am to 3pm
- Overwhelmed? Feeling Stressed Out? Come work out your body and care for your mind at the same time! Participate in relaxing activities designed to help you with stress and ease your worries. Make a stress ball, color a mandala, and more! Please click the flyer link below for more information.
- March 8th 2017 Relaxation Station @ UH Hilo Student Life Center Flyer!
- Relaxation Station Day Photos (Please See Below!)