IMUA Fitness Classes
Campus Recreation Department provides numerous opportunities for patrons to meet their fitness goals. Qualified staff and resources are available for group and personal instruction in a wide variety of classes such as Zumba, Yoga, Boot Camp, Total Body Conditioning and Spin. Non-credit activities are also available to provide educational experiences for a wide variety of interests. The activities offered include Dance, Martial Arts, and Self-Defense. All Imua classes are FREE to members!
Like Imua Fitness on Facebook!
Seminars and Workshops Information [IMUA Fitness Classes Fall 2017]
Begins Monday, August 28th - FALL 2017
(Schedule is subject to change at anytime!)
- Abs & Core
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7:00pm- 7:55pm & Tuesday, Thursday at 4:00pm - 4:55pm
- This class includes an intense mixture of core, back and body exercises. You will work your entire core while learning new exercises to help sculpt your entire body. This class is open to all fitness levels and it is a great way to get the six pack that you always dreamed of!
- Boot Camp
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8:00pm- 8:55pm
- This class is designed to give you a total body workout where you will be performing a variety of exercises that will work and sculpt your arms, legs, abs and buttocks. You will be sure to "feel the burn" while having fun too!
- Fit to Fight
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 5:00pm - 5:55pm
- Ideal for anyone looking into getting in shape and supplement their martial arts training. This class incorporates training skills in boxing and kickboxing. You will build your strength, speed, stamina, resistance, and balance from this class. There are also drill and boxing training so be sure to bring your MMA gloves, if you have a pair.
- Hip Hop
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 4:00pm- 4:55pm
- A high energy class that infuses the latest styles of popping, locking and street dancing. This class will encourage you to step "outside of the box" and bring your own individual personalities to the various moves and steps.
- Hip Hop Funk
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- This class will introduce you to the basics of various styles of dance moves including hip hop, waving, tutting, wacking, lyrical, R & B, and much more! Each week features a new choreography piece that you will learn. All levels of experience are welcome!
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:00pm - 6:55pm
- Come and experience the beauty and grace of what Hula is all about. This class will teach you the basics of Hula that will allows you to look and feel like a dancer. This class will also teach you various hula moves that will allow you to dance to three to four songs by the end of the semester. Come and enjoy a different insight into what Hawaiʻi is all about while getting a good workout too!
- Imua Cross Fit
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Noon to 1:00pm
- Maximize your body's fat burning potential by adding this class to your daily routine. Similar to "Cross-Fit" you will learn various functional movements that is performed at a relatively high intensity. You will also learn how to do a proper "squat" and "pull-up" using our outdoor Cross Fit equipment located by the punching bag area. Note: Please meet outdoor under the tent area.
- Jujitsu (RISO)
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7:00pm to 8:55pm
- Danzan Ryu is one of the most comprehensive and perfected styles of martial arts in the United States. It includes all the elements of a superior self-defense system as well as a complete system of resuscitation and healing arts.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6:45am -7:45am
- This high-intensity class is sure to give you a great cardio workout while spinning on our easy to use world-class Kaiser spin bikes. It will help you to burn calories while toning your lower body using your quadriceps and outer thigh muscles. You will ride with the instructor through various hills, sprints, and drills. This is great for anyone who is looking at getting a really great cardio workout without having to learn and memorize tricky dance or aerobic moves.
- Sunrise Yoga
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:45am -7:45am
- Come and awaken your body and "refresh" your mind and soul with this early bird class. You will learn principles from both Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga which will help you to work on your breathing, posture, alignment, and flexibility. You will also learn a series of various yoga poses that may help to improve your circulation and bring a sense of calmness to your body.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:00pm-8:00pm
- This class integrates various yoga practices such as Hatha, Iyengar, and Astranga yoga. It will help to strengthen your body while also being able to calm your mind, body and spirit.
- Sundays at 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- This class is open to all levels and you will learn how to perform Sun Salutations, standing and sitting poses, balancing asanas, back bends and stretches. Modifications to asanas are offered to accommodate your needs.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 6:00pm-6:55pm
- Fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program. You will love this exhilarating hour of caloric-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements combined with core strengthening exercises.
Please note: All participants must sign the risk and release form located at the weight room desk, before attending any of the above Imua fitness classes. Cancelled classes will be posted outside of the studio.
Classes are free with membership, so come and try a class!
For questions, comments and concerns please contact:
Ke Alaloa O Kūkini Program
- Ke Alaloa O Kūkini, roughly translated is "The Long Pathway of the Swift Runner".
- Complete the distance of the Kukinis' path at your UH Hilo Student Life Center and earn a Ke Alaloa O Kūkini t-shirt! Sign-up today in the Weight Room!
- Relaxation Station @ UH Hilo Student Life Center: Wednesday, March 8th 2017 from 11am to 3pm
- Overwhelmed? Feeling Stressed Out? Come work out your body and care for your mind at the same time! Participate in relaxing activities designed to help you with stress and ease your worries. Make a stress ball, color a mandala, and more! Please click the flyer link below for more information.
- March 8th 2017 Relaxation Station @ UH Hilo Student Life Center Flyer!
- Relaxation Station Day Photos (Please See Below!)