ʻOhana Pool Hours (family hours)
ʻOhana Pool Hours are designated weekend times for members to bring their families and children (17 and under) to utilize the Student Life Center pool and locker room facilities. This does not include weight room/fitness areas.
In the Fall 2023, ʻOhana hours are 6:30am - 6:00pm, Saturdays are 09:00pm - 6:00pm, Sundays are 12:00pm - 6:00pm. The weight room area is off limits to families during ʻOhana hours.
Children and spouse of Student Life Center members (including current UH Hilo student’s children) are eligible for ʻOhana usage.
Use of Recreational Facilities
- Children are only allowed in the pool during designated 'Ohana Hours.
- ʻOhana hours are subject to change during University semester breaks.
Children ages 17 & Under
- At least one parent/legal guardian must have a current Student Life Center membership and accompany the child to the facility; they must physically supervise their child in all activity areas.
- Maximum of two children per adult. Three children will require a second parent/guardian.
- Children must be direct dependents of the adult. Childhood friends, niece, nephews, sisters, aunts or cousins are not permitted.
- Children may not use free weights or cardio equipment.
- Parent/legal guardian must check out equipment on behalf of the child.
- The SLC member must actively be supervising their child in the water at all times. Unsupervised children will be asked to exit the pool and wait for a Parent/legal guardian who is a member to enter the water.
Children Ages 18+
Family member's children that are adults (over 18) are not permitted.
Pool Policy and Procedure - Children
- Children who cannot swim must be supervised by the parent or guardian in the pool and within arms' reach. This policy applies regardless of whether or not the child wears flotation devices. Proper use of flotation devices is allowed, but not as a substitute for direct supervision.
- Children who are not toilet-trained are required to be in tightly fitting plastic pants or swim diapers.
- Children of any age are not allowed naked in the pool.
Locker Room Usage
Children 6 years old or older: Female children are not allowed in the men's locker room and male children are not allowed in the women's locker room. The ʻOhana changing room is available which is next to the entrance of the women's locker on the pool deck.