Health and Wellness Websites
These websites and links are intended as informational resources. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information in any of these links.
On this page:
Please see your health care provider if you have any specific medical concerns.
- AlcoholScreening.org : Provides free online alcohol screening.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- College Drinking : Examine the culture of college drinking, debunk alcohol myths, trace the flow of alcohol through your body and see how it affects organs.
- eCHECKUP TO GO Alcohol testing : This is a ten minute, self-guided assessment of your alcohol consumption. It provides information regarding your drinking and risk factors.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs : Information provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism : Clinical trials, databases, publications, and research on alcohol and alcoholism.
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Information Service : A national information and education service of the National Cancer Institute.
- National Cancer Institute
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Information : Provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Emergency Preparedness and Response : Information provided by the CDC.
- Natural Disasters and Severe Weather : Lists information on hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and more. Information provided by the CDC.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents : Information on public health topics related to recent events (i.e. ebola). Information provided by the CDC.
- American Red Cross
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) : Search for various health topics of interest alphabetically.
- Familydoctor.org : Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- MEDLINEPlus : Offers comprehensive information on hundreds of health topics. You can search for health topics alphabetically, view interactive slide shows, or find links to other health resources and health care providers.
- Go Ask Alice : Columbia University's questions and answer internet service. Provides information about relationships, sexual health, emotional health, fitness, drugs, nutrition, and general health.
- Health finder : Guide to consumer health topics provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Institutes of Health
- American Heart Association
- High Blood Pressure : Learn about high blood pressure and symptoms and treatments. Information provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- High Blood Cholesterol: What you need to know : Helpful cholesterol information provided by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health.
- Center for Disease Control: Hepatitis B is a serious disease caused by a virus that attacks the liver. Transmission occurs when blood or body fluids from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not immune.
- The Hepatitis B Foundation is a national non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure and improving the quality of life for those affected by hepatitis B.
Nutrition and Diet
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics : Provides useful information, recipes, and menus dealing with proper nutrition and healthy diet
- Food and Drug Administration
- Food and Nutrition Information Center : Lists USDA dietary guidelines and provides information on dietary supplements and food composition.
- MyPlate : Helps you choose which foods to eat (and how much) in order to obtain the most nutritious diet
- High Blood Cholesterol : Learn about high blood cholesterol and symptoms and treatments. Information provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Weight Management : Information provided by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- Healthy Relationships : Information provided by Amherst College.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- American Sexual Health Association STI Hotline : (800) 227-8922
- STDs from A to Z : Information provided by the American Sexual Health Association.
- Herpes : Information provided by the American Sexual Health Association.
- American Lung Association : Interested in learning more about lung disease? Want tips on quitting smoking?
- Office of the Surgeon General : Tobacco reports and publications.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use : Information provided by the CDC.
- Travelers’ Health : Helpful information for planning your trip abroad. Information provided by the CDC.
- U.S. State Department: Bureau of Consular Affairs : Offers information on traveling and living abroad. Provides travel warnings and public announcements.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Women’s Health : Search for various health topics pertaining to women alphabetically (i.e. cardiovascular disease, STDs, pregnancy, cancer).
- Women’s Health Information : Clearinghouse for women’s health information provided by the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.