Health and Wellness Websites
These websites and links are intended as informational resources. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information in any of these links.
Please see your health care provider if you have any specific medical concerns.
- AlcoholScreening.org : Provides free online alcohol screening.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- College Drinking : Examine the culture of college drinking, debunk alcohol myths, trace the flow of alcohol through your body and see how it affects organs.
- eCHECKUP TO GO Alcohol testing : This is a ten minute, self guided assessment of your alcohol consumption. It provides information regarding your drinking and risk factors.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs : Information provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism : Clinical trials, databases, publications, and research on alcohol and alcoholism.
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Information Service : A national information and education service of the National Cancer Institute.
- National Cancer Institute
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Information : Provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Emergency Preparedness and Response : Information provided by the CDC.
- Natural Disasters and Severe Weather : Lists information on hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and more. Information provided by the CDC.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents : Information on public health topics related to recent events (i.e. ebola). Information provided by the CDC.
- American Red Cross
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) : Search for various health topics of interest alphabetically.
- Familydoctor.org : Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- MEDLINEPlus : Offers comprehensive information on hundreds of health topics. You can search for health topics alphabetically, view interactive slide shows or find links to other health resources and health care providers.
- Go Ask Alice : Columbia University's questions and answer internet service. Provides information about relationships, sexual health, emotional health, fitness, drugs, nutrition, and general health.
- Health finder : Guide to consumer health topics provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Institutes of Health
- American Heart Association
- High Blood Pressure : Learn about high blood pressure and symptoms and treatments. Information provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- High Blood Cholesterol: What you need to know : Helpful cholesterol information provided by the National Cholesterol Education Program.
- Center for Disease Control: Hepatitis B is a serious disease caused by a virus that attacks the liver. Transmission occurs when blood or body fluids from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not immune.
- The Hepatitis B Foundation is a national non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure and improving the quality of life for those affected by hepatitis B.
Nutrition and Diet
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics : Provides useful information, recipes, and menus dealing with proper nutrition and healthy diet
- Food and Drug Administration
- Food and Nutrition Information Center : Lists USDA dietary guidelines and provides information on dietary supplements and food composition.
- MyPlate : Helps you choose which foods to eat (and how much) in order to obtain the most nutritious diet
- High Blood Cholesterol : Learn about high blood cholesterol and symptoms and treatments. Information provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Weight Management : Information provided by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- Healthy Relationships : Information provided by Amherst College.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- American Sexual Health Association STI Hotline : (800) 227-8922
- STDs from A to Z : Information provided by the American Sexual Health Association.
- Herpes : Information provided by the American Sexual Health Association.
- American Lung Association : Interested in learning more about lung disease? Want tips on quitting smoking?
- Office of the Surgeon General : Tobacco reports and publications.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use : Information provided by the CDC.
- Travelers' Health : Helpful information for planning your trip abroad. Information provided by the CDC.
- U.S. State Department: Bureau of Consular Affairs : Offers information on traveling and living abroad. Provides travel warnings and public announcements.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Women’s Health : Search for various health topics pertaining to women alphabetically (i.e. cardiovascular disease, STDs, pregnancy, cancer).
- Women’s Health Information : Clearinghouse for women’s health information provided by the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.