- TB test and all immunizations will be by appointment only. Please call our clinic to schedule an immunization requests and bring exact cash payment on the day of service.
Due to a shortage of medical equipment for clinic use, UH Hilo Student Medical Services is transitioning to a telephone health model - effective 03/20/2020 until further notice. UH Hilo Student Medical Services staff is available via telephone during business hours Monday – Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm. We are closed for lunch from 12pm - 1pm.
Students can call our office at (808) 932-7369 or at (808) 932-7364 for their health care needs including information, refills and telephone consultations. An assessment will be completed and recommendations will be made. Based on the phone assessment, some patients may be seen in clinic, while others will be referred to other resources.
This temporary change in operations may revert to normal operations sooner, if inventory of medical equipment is received. We appreciate your understanding of these temporary adjustments in operations of Student Medical Services while we all assist with helping to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 here at University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. As a reminder please follow the CDC guidelines for personal hygiene and social distancing.
General Medical Care
Dr. Heather Hirata , DNP, MSN, BSN, APRN-Rx, FNP-BC, is available for general medical care.
- First-aid treatment for illness or injury
- TB screenings and TB skin tests
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Acellular Pertussis (Tdap)
- MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella)
- Hepatitis A (2 shot series)
- Hepatitis B (3 shot series)
- Gardasil (HPV vaccine)
- Flu vaccine
- Family Planning Health Care
- Pelvic Exams
- Pap Smears
- Birth Control
- Oral Contraceptives
- Depo-Provera Shots
- IUD (Mirena, Skyla, ParaGard)
- Nuva Ring
- Morning-after Pill (emergency contraception)
- Reproductive Life Plans
- Sexual Health
- STD testing (males and females)
- Pregnancy Testing
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- Free condoms are always available!
Students need to bring in a valid ID (student ID ok) and their insurance card.
Medications will be dispensed weekly and patient will be called when prescription is ready to pick up.
Phone: (808) 932-7807, Fax: (808) 932-7808