FW: Written Communication 2018-Current
Foundations Requirement, 3 credits
Written Communication courses introduce students to the rhetorical, conceptual, and stylistic demands of writing at the college level; courses give instruction in composing processes, search strategies, and composing from sources. Courses also provide students with experiences in the library and on the internet and enhance their skills in accessing and using various types of primary and secondary materials.
- It is recommended that students complete the Written Communication requirement within their first 24 credits at UH Hilo.
- Students who wish to apply the Written Communication requirement to courses not listed below must submit a Request for Modification of Academic Requirement (PDF) form which can be found on the Office of the Registrar - Commonly Used Forms page.
Courses Currently Certified:
- ENG 100 Composition I (3) (effective Fall 2018)
- ENG 100T Composition with Tutorial (3) (effective Fall 2018)
- ESL 100 Composition/Nonnative Speakers (3) (effective Fall 2018)
- ESL 100T Composition/Non-nativeTutorial (3) (effective Fall 2018)
Courses Previously Certified (Please see effective terms listed in parenthesis):
- ENG 100H Honors Expository Writing (3) (effective Fall 2018 - Summer 2021)