Veteran and Military Students Services
Welcome to the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Veteran and Military Students!
The Office of the Registrar at UH Hilo understands the unique needs of veterans and their family members, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We appreciate and want to thank you for the service and sacrifice that you have made in the defense of our great nation and the freedoms you have protected by your service. UH Hilo supports our community of veterans on campus, along with the entire student body, providing camaraderie of vibrant, multicultural, and richly diverse individuals from all over the world.
Please start exploring what life at UH Hilo could be like for you. Learn more about UH Hilo's academic programs and tour our website to learn more. Ready to learn more? Call or stop by our office, or schedule a campus tour today!
Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information.
- Red, white, and blue honors cord available to veterans or active duty service members who are graduating, Please bring a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy-4 or your active duty ID card to the Registrar’s Office to pick up your Veterans cord Your Content
- Student Veterans and active duty service members now have priority registration. To qualify for priority registration, submit a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy-4 or your active duty ID card to the Registrar’s Office
- Do you know when to register for the upcoming semester? If not, visit MyUH to see the time and date of your registration.
- Are you graduating this semester or next semester? If so, visit our graduation page for information on how to apply to graduate and the deadlines for the application.
- Wondering about academic deadlines, holidays, or final exam schedules? The Academic Calendar is posted online at with all of these and more!
- Our UH Hilo catalog is online! To view your degree requirements, view our online catalog.
- Additional VA Benefits
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves (MBIG-RS)
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MBIG-AD)
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill (Veterans and Active Duty Service Members)
- Chapter 35 - Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) Program
- Forms for Veterans
- GI Bill - Licensing and Certification
- GI Bill - National Testing Program
- GI Bill - Tutorial Assistance
- GI Bill - VA Work Study Allowance Program
- Student Veteran Resources
- VA Chapter Benefits
- VA Events
- Veterans Benefits
- Veterans Honor Cord
- Yellow Ribbon Program