home arrow-down arrow-up menu new-tab phone fax mail

Veterans Benefits

View the links below to learn more about your VA Chapter Benefits and Additional Benefits available.

Veterans who are continuing students must complete the Veteran Enrollment Verification form and contact the Office of the Registrar after completing each semester's registration in order to continue receiving benefits.

Claims for VA Education benefits must be submitted online via VONAPP (Veterans On-line Application website).

Study Abroad Programs under the Post-9/11 GI Bill

Thinking about participating in a study abroad program? You may qualify for assistance through the Post-9/11 GI Bill. For information on tuition and fees, housing, books and supplies under Post-9/11 GI Bill, contact the VA directly at (888) 442-4551.

To learn more about programs available through UH Hilo, visit the Center for Global Education and Exchange website or the National Student Exchange website.

Notification of Compliance Survey

Updated 10/27/2016

To all students receiving VA educational benefits: A VA compliance survey is being conducted at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Although a VA representative will not be available on the campus physically, you are encouraged to contact the VA directly at (888) 442-4551 with any comments or concerns you may have about the VA Compliance Survey and its ramifications.