See the shows. See the world.
Each year the International Student Association produces shows that feature performances from the many different cultures and countries represented at UH Hilo. International Nights is a long-standing tradition at UH Hilo that spans over four decades, and is a favorite event on campus among students, the community, and visitors. Performers volunteer their time and do not get paid for their time and effort in preparing for and executing their performances -- a testament to the willingness of UH Hilo's international students to share their cultures with others.
Thursday, March 24, 2022
One night only!
Campus Center Plaza
Tickets: $5 (cash only)
- Buy tickets at the Student Services Center Room 202 Monday-Friday from 10 am-2 pm.
- If there are still tickets available on the night of the show, tickets can be purchased at the entrance but it is strongly recommended that you buy your ticket in advance since it will sell out!
- Bring your UH Hilo or HCC valid student ID card when you buy a ticket and on the night of the show.
- Wear yellow and/or blue to show solidarity with the people of Ukraine!
- Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, the audience will be limited to 100 people and only 100 tickets will be sold.
- Only UH Hilo and Hawaii CC students, faculty, and staff are eligible to buy a ticket (the event is closed to the general public this year).
- LumiSight clearance will be required to enter the show.
- Masks are required.
- No food or drinks allowed at the Campus Center Plaza.
- Japan: Puna Taiko
- Palau: Ngelekel Belau Club
- Melanesia: Papua New Guinea
- Marshall Islands: Marshallese Iakwe Club
- Japan: Japanese Students Association
- Samoa: Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao
DVDs of some previous years' International Nights shows are available for purchase ($10 per DVD). Email the International Student Services office for more information.
Photos from International Nights 2022 (as well as previous years) are online at the International Student Association website and the UH Hilo International Student Association Facebook page .
Check out this photo essay from International Nights 2022!