See the shows. See the world.
Each year the International Student Association produces shows that feature performances from the many different cultures and countries represented at UH Hilo. International Nights is a long-standing tradition at UH Hilo that spans over four decades, and is a favorite event on campus among students, the community, and visitors. Performers volunteer their time and do not get paid for their time and effort in preparing for and executing their performances -- a testament to the willingness of UH Hilo's international students to share their cultures with others.
Dates for the 2020 shows to be announced
Ticket information to be announced
2019 Program (2020 Program will be posted in January 2020)
Friday, February 22
- Taishoji Taiko (Japan)
Native American Hoop Dance
- Korea Treasure (Korea)
- "Korea Tradional Dance & K-Pop"
- Bayanihan Club (Phillipines)
- Performing Arts Club (USA)
- "For the Love of Musicals"
- Kosrae Hilo Organization (Kosrae, FSM)
- "Traditional Stick Dance & Women’s Chant"
- Melanin Magic (Africa)
- "Modern African Dance"
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao (Samoa)
- "O le olaga faʻasamoa"
Saturday, February 23
- Puna Taiko (Japan)
- "Hiryu-Issho Medley / Yodan Uchi"
- India Music Hawaiʻi (South Asia)
- "Raga Jinhoti"
- Hawaiʻi Irish Dance (Ireland)
- "Irish Rock Celebration!"
- Ngelekel Belau (Palau)
- "Palauan Contemporary Dance"
Big Island Kiribati Club (Kiribati)
- Big Island Desi (India)
- "Bollywood Fusion"
- Fije Meke Group (Fiji)
- "Mekw Vakaviti (Fijian Dance)"
- Marshallese Iakwe Club (Marshall Islands)
- "Biit Dance"
Survey - We welcome your feedback!
Please complete a short survey if you attended International Nights. We welcome your feedback to improve future shows! The survey will take about 5 minutes.
DVDs of some previous years' International Nights shows are available for purchase ($10 per DVD). Contact the International Student Services office for more information.
Photos from International Nights 2019 (as well as previous years) are online at the UH Hilo International Student Association Facebook page and the International Student Association website .
Check out the photo essay from International Nights 2019!