BSN Program Outcomes and Success Measures
Program Learning Outcomes
- Intergrate theoretical knowledge and clinical learning from the physical, psychosocial, and nursing sciences into nursing practice.
- Use critical thinking to provid therapeutic nursing derived from research and professional standards.
- Collaborate with other professionals in providing preventative health education and research-based interventions to diverse clients across the life span in rural contexts.
- Assume responsibility for continuing professional growth and ethical-legal nursing practice.
- Incorporate leadership skills to enhance health of individuals, families, and communities in nursing care.
- Use research findings in managing care of individuals, familes, and communities in rural contexts.
- Incorporate caring values, beliefs and practices of diverse individuals, families and communities in nursing care.
- Implement collaborative health prevention for clients in rural communities.
Program Success Measures
Program Success Measures 1
NCLEX pass rates will be at or above the national mean (average).
|Year||National Average||UH Hilo|
Program Success Measures 2
Program completion rate will be at or above 85% (% of student completing within 150% of program length).
Program Success Measures 3
Graduates will indicate satisfaction with the UH Hilo BSN program as evidenced by a mean rating of 3/5 or above on respective surveys.
Program Success Measures 4
90% of graduates will be placed in a nursing position within one (1) year of graduation.