Current UH Hilo students do not need to re-apply for the Summer Session!
Summer Admission Requirements
To attend Summer Sessions at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, students submit an application for admission, and upon approval, register for courses.
You are eligible to apply for admission with our non-degree application if you are:
- A new UH Hilo student accepted for the Fall semester
- A current or former student of a regionally accredited U.S. college or university who is in good academic standing
- A U.S. high school graduate (or have a GED equivalency)
- An advanced high school sophomore, junior, or senior. View information on the Running Start or Early College programs.
We highly recommend applying for the summer session as soon as possible.
Do I need to apply for Summer Session?
|I am a(n)…||Do I need to apply?|
|Current UH Hilo Student||No|
|Current UH Hilo Student graduating in Spring from UH Hilo||Yes|
|Visiting Student (includes students at UH System campuses other than UH Hilo)||Yes|
|Incoming student for Fall||Yes|
|High School Student||Yes|
How to Apply
Complete and submit the online application:
Do you have an earned Bachelor’s degree?
Is there an application fee?
There is no application fee for summer session.
What is the application deadline?
Student applications should be submitted prior to the start of the course.
When will I be notified if I am accepted?
- Once your admissions process is complete, you will then receive a letter in the mail.
- Any questions about your application should be directed to:
Create a MyUH username
Once students are admitted, they must create a MyUH username in order to register
- Go to MyUH Services
- Click on "Get a UH username" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Check your UH email account frequently, as any updates or correspondence regarding UH Hilo Summer Session will be sent there.
For problems with login or password, please contact the UH ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or call (808) 956-8883 or toll free from the neighbor islands at (800) 558-2669, Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m.-9:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.