Summer Admission Requirements
To attend Summer Sessions at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, students submit an application for admission, and upon approval, register for courses.
You are eligible to apply for admission if you are:
- A new UH Hilo student accepted for the Fall semester
- A current or former student of a regionally accredited U.S. college or university who is in good academic standing
- A U.S. high school graduate (or have a GED equivalency)
- An advanced high school sophomore, junior, or senior. View information on the Running Start or Early College programs.
There is no application fee. Student applications for Summer Session must be completed 5 working days before the start of the course.
Do I need to apply for Summer Session?
|I am a(n)…||Do I need to apply?|
|Current UH Hilo Student||No|
|Current UH Hilo Student graduating in Spring from UH Hilo||Yes|
|Visiting Student (includes students at UH System campuses other than UH Hilo)||Yes|
|Incoming student for Fall||Yes|
|High School Student||Yes|
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Download the PDF application.
- Mail completed applications to:
- UH Hilo Admissions - Summer
200 W. Kāwili Street
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
- Or submit by fax: 808-932-7459
- Or in person at the UH Hilo Admissions window, in the the Student Services Center.
- International students must also complete the following forms. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
Is there an application fee?
There is no application fee for summer session.
What is the application deadline?
Student applications for Summer Session must be completed 5 working days before the start of the course.
When will I be notified if I am accepted?
- You will be notified via email within two weeks from the date of your online application submission.
- Any questions about your application or residency status should be directed to the Admissions Office at (808) 932-7446 or toll-free at 1-800-897-HILO or email email@example.com
Create a MyUH username
Once students are admitted, they must create a MyUH username in order to register
Go to MyUH Services Click on "Get a UH username" and follow the directions on the screen. Check your UH email account frequently, as any updates or correspondence regarding UH Hilo Summer Session will be sent there. For problems with login or password, please contact the UH ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 956-8883 or toll free from the neighbor islands at (800) 558-2669, Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m.-9:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.