International Transcripts

Transcripts from all previous schools and colleges are required. Official transcripts must be sent directly from each school to the Admissions Office.

International High School Students

High School students must have official high school transcripts and test scores sent directly to the Admissions Office.

Official certificates of qualifying exams are required depending on the country of origin. Admission is based on above-average (75%) performance in high school and/or qualifying exams. For detailed requirements please visit the High School Student page.

If you are a high school graduate, ask the registrar to send an official copy of your transcript. Transcripts not in English will require a certified English translation. Students who attended a three-year high school may be required to send a transcript from your junior high school.

International College Students

If you attended college, please have an official transcript sent to the Admissions Office. Transcripts not in English will require a certified English translation. If you want to transfer credits, your college must send course descriptions of the courses you have taken. The descriptions must be in English or be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Graduate Students
see Transcript Evaluation Services

Official transcripts are required from each college or university attended. Admission is based upon a 70% average. Students who have attended college less than one year should also submit their secondary school academic records. For detailed requirements please visit the Transfer Student page.

International Graduate Students

Students must document their ability support themselves financially by completing the confidential financial statement for international graduate students (PDF) (supplementary information form for graduate students). The amount of support varies depending on the graduate program. The financial support requirement is for those students who will enter the U.S. on the F-1 student visa. Students may submit their financial sponsor's current bank statement, in any currency, or bank verification of the availability of funds to document financial support. Completed forms and documents may be sent by mail, fax or email attachment. Note, that the figures listed above are estimated expenses and may not accurately reflect personal spending requirements.

Estimated student expenses are determined each February by the UH system Financial Aid Office and reflect the decisions made by the UH Board of Regents. Please visit the tuition and fees page for more information.

International Transcript Information for Graduate Students

Beginning with Fall 2008, all graduate program applicants with international transcripts are required to send these transcripts for professional evaluation by one of the following credential evaluation service providers listed below.

Please assure that a transcript, in the original language as well as an English translation (if available) is sent directly to UH Hilo. Transcripts which are printed in languages other than English must be accompanied by an official translation. Some colleges and universities provide transcripts in both languages. Please check with your school.

Transcript Evaluation Agencies

ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.)
P.O. Box 92970, Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
3600 Market Street, Suite 450, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651 USA
Phone: (215) 243-5858
Fax: (302) 737-8756
IERF (International Education Research Foundation, Inc.)
Credential Evaluation Service, P.O. Box 3665, Culver City, CA 90231
Phone: (310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
Foundation for International Services
14926 35th Avenue West, Lynwood, WA 98087
Phone: (425) 248-2255 x120
Fax: (425) 248-2262
WES (World Education Services, Inc.)
P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 966-6395