Educational Technology, Support, and Training for Faculty
For general computer issues and software support, please contact the UH System ITS Help Desk.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Open during all holidays
UH System - Computer Help Desk
Phone: (808) 956-8883
Toll Free: (neighbor isles) (800) 558-2669
Fax: (808) 956-2108
UH ITS Help Desk Live Chat support is available Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 3:00pm (excluding holidays).
Quick Access - Recommended Educational Technology Tools
Below are quick access buttons to the most commonly used and recommended tools. Familiarizing yourself with these tools will help provide a smooth transition to delivering your course(s) online.
Integrating Third-party Tools or Add-ons into Your Online Course
To help faculty better protect themselves and students when using third party online tools, UH Information Technology Services reviews these tools and provides a spreadsheet with extensive information. The ITS Approved Third Party Online Tools or Microservices review provides information that includes privacy, accessiblity, cost, and important notes.
Don’t see a tool you are interested in using on the ITS Approved Third Party Online Tools or Microservices list? Submit your tool for review.
For questions about the approved tool list, contact the UHOIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distance Learning Office Setup and Related Technology
Additional Online Learning Resources
Learn about the latest UH System news, distance learning tips and tricks, and answers to commonly asked questions about distance learning.
- UH System Site Licensed Software - including MatLab, Impatica, and more.
- UH Hilo Site Licensed Software
- Streaming Video Resources (log-in required) - Mookini Library provides a number of streaming resources in numerous subject areas, including humanities, social sciences, psychology, business, natural sciences, health, and many more.
- Turnitin is the leading originality checking and plagiarism prevention service used by millions of students and faculty, and thousands of institutions worldwide.
Documentary Film Kits
The Documentary Filmmaker Kits have the following available for short to long term (up to one semester maximum):
- Sony Full Frame camera.
- Three lenses.
- Audio recording and other accessories.
- Video editing software on laptops are also available.
Wahi Pāpaho Media Commons at Mookini Library
Loanable technology and multimedia services are available through Wahi Pāpaho Media Commons, such as:
- computer accessories,
- audiovisual equipment,
- and more.
Still need assistance?
If you have tried the links above, and still cannʻt find what you're looking for, email the UH Hilo Distance Learning Team at email@example.com