Resources for Online STEM courses
Need assistance with your Online Course(s)?
John Rand, PhD
Director of STEM Education
University of Hawaiʻi
As you may be aware, UH and Office of STEM Education is part of a National STEM Centers network that is sponsored by APLU. Below is an assemblage of STEM resources for STEM online courses from that network. Please share these websites freely with your STEM faculty and staff who may be interested in online resources for their courses.
Disciplinary societies have been crowd-sourcing resources on teaching remotely. These documents are not necessarily comprehensive or best practices, but they are being generated by communities of faculty developers and discipline-based education researchers and represent some of the best thinking around teaching effectively remotely:
- LeighAnn Tomaswick's compilation of online simulations, labs, and other instructional resources .
- POD (the society for Centers for Teaching and Learning) has promising practices and resources for moving courses online
- The Society for the Advancement of Biology Education Research (SABER) has a discussion board with resources and ideas for biology faculty
- PhysPort has expert recommendation on physics/astro-specific advice and resources
- Ecology/Environmental Science online learning resources -
- Geoscience Materials for Teaching Online
- The American Astronomical Society (AAS) curated online teaching resource
- Resources for teaching inclusively from the Aspire Alliance
- Clinical experiences for teacher ed programs
- How to Quickly (and Safely) Move a Lab Course Online