Chancellor's Scholarship Application Instructions and Eligibility
The Chancellor Scholarship is a prestigious award created for graduates from Hawaiʻi High Schools that covers four years of tuition.
Apply by March 1st.
- Accepted by UH Hilo
- Graduating from a Hawaiʻi high school
- Bona fide resident of Hawaiʻi
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Personal Essay
- Demonstrated leadership and/or community service
Chancellor’s Scholars will be expected to:
- Maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Earn 30 credits per year.
- Enroll as a full-time student.
- Take a specified course in the Fall and Spring semester as a cohort
- Participate in leadership activities and/or community service with other Chancellor’s Scholars.
- Maintain continuous enrollment.
- Scholars are encouraged to participate in UH Hilo's National Student Exchange or Study Abroad programs during their second or third year in college.
- Application for admission to UH Hilo.
- Official high school transcript.
- Chancellor’s Scholarship application.
- Personal statement.
All of the above must be received by March 1.
UH Hilo Admissions Office
200 W. Kāwili St.
Hilo, HI 96720