The deadline is Friday, March 8th, 2019.
Either print, sign, and mail the form along with all your supporting documentation in hard copy; or
Use the 2019 S-STEM Fillable Application Form (PDF) and send as an attachment from your email address. Be sure to include your supporting documentation as scanned attachments as well.
- S-STEM Application Form
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status, acceptable documentation:
- For U.S. Citizens:
- Copy of your United States Passport, the page with your name and photo: or
- Copy of your Birth Certificate confirming a United States place of birth
- For US Nationals:
- Copy of your Passport, the page with your name and photo
- For Permanent Resident Aliens:
- Copy of your Passport, the page with your name and photo: and
- Copy of your Permanent Resident card (“Green Card”), front and back
- For U.S. Citizens:
- Official High School Transcripts, or Official College Transcripts
- List of your Mathematics courses
- Current courses with your grade as of the date of your application (most recent report card is sufficient)
- Past courses with your final grade (should be included in your transcript)
- Official SAT Scores or ACT with writing part completed, if you are an entering freshman (you may send us a copy while we wait for the official results to arrive at UH Hilo)
- Personal Statement
- Feel free to include as much detail about yourself as you feel necessary (See instructions in the Application Form)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a High School Mathematics and/or Science teacher, or a College Professor
- Please have your teacher send the letter of recommendation directly to Ms. Terrilani Chong, address below
- Letter must be in a sealed envelope with your teacher’s signature across the seal
Copy of your submitted University of Hawaiʻi application, if submitted.
How to submit:
Electronically: You may submit by email attachment, including all supporting documents as scans, to email@example.com using the subject line “S-STEM Application”
In hard copy: You may also mail a hard copy of your application and supporting documents to:
Ms. Terrilani Chong
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
200 West Kāwili Street
Hilo, HI 96720
Acceptance into the S-STEM Program will be decided after your Pell Eligibility is confirmed.