Useful Links for Students
MyUH Services: Using your hawaii.edu account username and password, you can register, add courses, drop courses, withdraw from courses (before the deadlines), check what courses are still available and when they will be offered, find out who is teaching which courses...You can even get a
hawaii.edu account username and password if you do not already have one.
- Current and Recent UH Hilo Catalogs online
- Policies That Pertain to Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Conduct Code
- Academic Complaint Policy
Academic Expectations and Responsibilities
In January 2012, the UH Hilo Faculty Congress and the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs approved the following statement of the academic expectations for and responsibilities of students.
Writing and Library or Web Research
- Purdue University OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- The first and still the best online writing resource for students and teachers. Help with grammar, punctuation, planning and composing, conducting library and web research projects, preparing research reports, using both MLA and APA formats.
- Using Turnitin to Do Your Research and Reporting with Integrity
- Your instructors use Turnitin to check your use of sources. See how Turnitin can help you do your best in research and reporting.
- Faculty at Pennsylvania State University, Virginia Tech, University Illinois, University of Tennessee, and Georgia Tech endorse these Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science Students
- The site provides links to brief, practical discussions/chapters on what makes for effective science/technical writing.
The Art of Scholarship
- University of Toronto: "Deterring Plagiarism"
- University of California, Davis: "Avoiding Plagiarism: Mastering the Art of Scholarship"