2017-2018 UH Hilo Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients named
Date: Monday, May 15, 2017
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669
For Immediate Release
Thirteen students from Hawaiʻi’s public and private high schools have been awarded the prestigious Chancellor’s Scholarship by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
The award, valued in excess of $28,000, covers four years of tuition for students graduating from a Hawaiʻi high school who earned either a GPA of at least 3.5, a combined 1800 SAT (reading, writing, math) or a composite score of 27 on the ACT while demonstrating leadership and/or community service.
Chancellor’s Scholars are required to enroll as full-time students and earn a minimum of 24 credits each academic year. They must also maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and participate in leadership activities and/or community service with other Chancellor’s Scholars.
The 2017-2018 recipients and their respective high schools include:
* Hailey Briseno, Hawaiʻi Preparatory Academy
* Kekamamakoaaka`ilihou Caceres, Kamehameha – Kapalama
* Scott Dakofsky, Roosevelt High School
* Ariana Dolan, Pearl City High School
* Skyla Elder, Honoka`a High School
* Kaitlyn Evans, Kamehameha – Maui
* Presly Kaanaana, Kamehameha – Kapalama
* Polina Kozinskiy, Laupahoehoe PCS
* Sophia Smith, Hawaiʻi Academy of Arts and Sciences
* Jaron Sugimoto, Waipahu High School
* Naneaikealau Thomas, Kamehameha – Hawaiʻi
* Vanessa Watkins, Waiakea High School
* Kamamaluwaiwai Wichimai, Kamehameha – Hawaiʻi
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.