CCECS announces children’s non-credit classes

UH Hilo Home > News and Events > UH Hilo Press Releases

Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669

For Immediate Release

The College of Continuing Education and Community Service (CCECS) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is accepting registration for non-credit classes designed especially for children, to be held on the main campus beginning in June.

Trey Saunders will teach hip hop dancing for ages 6-11 in Hip Hop for Kids. Styles to include breakdance, tutting, popping & locking, hip-hop choreography, freestyle and more. No dance experience is required. Classes will meet on Fridays from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. at the UH Hilo Old Gym, June 3-July 22. The cost is $60.

Award-winning media educator Desi Foxe’s Animation Video Workshop For Youth will guide children ages 9-13 through production of two, short stop motion videos. Participants will learn the basic mechanics of stop motion animation, recording audio and editing the video, plus key terminology. Students are required to bring their own notebook folder, digital still camera (smartphone acceptable), headphones and 16GB flash drive. Classes will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in PB-7, June 7-30. Tuition is $100.

Baby Talk: French with Sylvie Garnero is a fun and interactive immersion class that introduces adults and their children to a second language. The course is recommended for adults with children up to age five and will teach them simple words, phrases and songs to continue sharing at home. Classes are scheduled for Wednesdays from 9:30 –10:15 a.m. in PB-22, Room 102, June 22-August 10. The cost is $65 for one adult and one child and $15 for each additional participant.

For more information and to register, contact CCECS at 932-7830 or visit

Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "" or "" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.