Hale Lako, the UH Hilo student supply house provides non-perishable food, school supplies, clothes, and personal hygiene items such as soap and laundry detergent when available for UH Hilo students with a valid student ID at no cost. The items are donated by UH Hilo faculty, staff, students, and the surrounding community to help students focus on succeeding in school and life. Come check out this semester before going to a big box store and see if we have what you need.
- Hours of Operation
- Hale Lako is open once a week on Tuesday’s from 3pm to 6pm.
- We're located in Portable Buildings by the Student Life Center (Gym) in PB-22. Look for the Hale Lako sign on the door.
- Physical donations can be dropped off during operation hours or at the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) office area breezeway any time or day of the week.
- Student Givebacks
- We promote the 3R’s and ask that students bring, when they visit the store, their food waste which is used for compost that is offered at the store, lightly used cleaned items, and HI-5 cans, bottles, and plastics for the store.
Please refer to Catherina “Ui” Amantiad for any questions or to arrange for pick up.
Read up on Hale Lako:
- May 2023, UH Hilo Stories Article: UH Hilo sociology class holds Food Studies Teach-In
- March 2023, Ke Kalahea Article: UH Hilo's Very Own Home And Supply House
We’re on Social Media. Follow us on Instagram @hale_lako