- Provide tutoring, academic advising, college and career planning services to students at assigned high schools
- Write reports on tutoring sessions
- Help plan and implement special activities and projects assigned by the staff
- Participate in the program's in-service training sessions and evaluations
- Perform general office work and other duties as assigned.
- One year of successful college experience.
- Demonstrated competence, with a minimum 3.0 GPA in each subject area in which you will tutor (Mathematics, English/Language Arts, and/or Science)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with high school students, co-workers, school personnel,university community and general public
- Able to work either afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Prior successful tutoring experience
- Experience working with and supervising high school students
- Personal experience in overcoming academic or economic barriers similar to those experienced by Upward Bound’s target population