Dates of Employment
June 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
- Provide tutoring assistance to participants in one or more of the following subjects: mathematics, english, reading comprehension, science, foreign language and/or college prep;
- Supervise students during all program-sponsored instruction, activities, and events, including supervision during breakfast meals, recreation activities and field trips, throughout the week, accounting for participants at all times;
- Maintain detailed records of tutoring sessions for each assigned participant;
- Assist in the development and facilitation of enrichment activities and workshops that encourage academic and social growth among participants;
- Assist participants in identifying and establishing a network of resources supportive of academic success and personal development;
- Assist participants in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Provide programming and services to meet the specific needs of the targeted population(s);
- Participate in ongoing in-service training;
- Assist with additional program-related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated successful college going experience, extensive subject knowledge and demonstrated ability to tutor high school students in one or more of the following high school subjects: English, Science, Reading Comprehension, Foreign Language and/or Mathematics. Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate and work with economically disadvantaged and/or academically under-prepared high school students, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, school personnel, university community, and the public in general. Must maintain a college cumulative 3.00 or higher GPA. Must be reliable and available to work evenings.
Prior successful work experience in Upward Bound or other education equity program; experience working with high school students; personal experience overcoming academic and/or economic barriers similar to those typically encountered by the Upward Bound target population to attain a postsecondary degree.