- Prepare program documents and materials.
- Assist in dissemination of program materials to interested persons.
- Handle telephone, email and in office inquiries about program and application process.
- Accept information form applicants and assist in processing completed applications for review and approval.
- Assist in maintenance of confidential program, institutional and federal documents, files and reports, consistent with professional office practices and standards.
- Type and process personnel, payroll documents, process forms for the procurement of supplies and services.
- Assist in the development and reproduction of instructional materials.
- Assist with the implementation and evaluation of program activities/events.
- Ability to learn and perform college and/or professional office responsibilities including the operation of computer software applications
- Enter information into electronic database
- File information in physical (hard-copy) records
- Collate and disseminate program materials
- Perform day-to-day institutional support activities such as answer phones, take messages, type documents, enter/maintain database information, assist with supply and equipment inventory, assist with implementation of program activities/events, assist with the maintenance of program forms/documents, personnel records, materials and resource procurement
- Be reliable, able to follow instructions and work independently with limited supervision
- Be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Prior successful Upward Bound or similar educational equity program work experience
- Desire to work with high school students/parents
- Personal experience overcoming academic and/or economic barriers similar to those typically encountered by the Upward Bound target population enroute to attaining a postsecondary education.