Overnight Residential Advisor
Dates of Employment
June 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
- Supervise students during all program-sponsored activities and events, including dinner meals, recreation activities and field trips, throughout the week and overnight, accounting for participants at all times;
- Address residential needs and concerns of participants;
- Assist in the development and facilitation of enrichment activities and workshops;
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with Resident Team Leader, Upward Bound central staff, UHH Housing, UHH Security, and other personnel concerning issues pertaining to the well-being and safety of students;
- Monitor student behavior and provide encouragement and constructive feedback to students who are in minor violation of the residential and programs rules;
- Write and submit incident reports for violation of rules and agreements;
- Attend all training sessions and staff meetings, including individual meetings with the Residential Team Leader
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Residential Team Leader.
Demonstrated successful college going experience; demonstrated ability and desire to communicate and work with economically disadvantaged and/or academically under-prepared high school students, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, and the university community. Must be reliable and available to work evenings, overnights and weekends.
Prior successful work experience in Upward Bound or other education equity program; experience working with high school students; personal experience overcoming academic and/or economic barriers similar to those typically encountered by the Upward Bound target population to attain a postsecondary.